Backendless object store provides a very simple, but powerful API for storing, searching, updating or deleting strongly typed (and/or JSON-based) objects. The "feature 1" post showed how to save objects with relations in Backendless using the APIs. This topic covers the option of adding new objects to the tables using Backendless console. This might be helpful if a developer needs to set up some test data, or perhaps enter some static values which are not meant to be entered through the API in an application.
If there is no table, it can be created using Backendless developer console as well (explore the topic "How to create data tables using Backendless console"). To add a new object:
- Login to Backendless console, select an app and click the Data icon.
- Select a table for which you will add an object and click the Add Row button.
- Backendless adds a new row (object) and switches it to the editing mode, that is any user-defined columns will turn to text inputs starting with the first one. Enter the data for each editable column (you can ignore objectId, created, updated and ownerId).
- Click the pencil icon located at the end of the row on the right side to finalize the object creation.
- Once the object is created, the console also displays the system values assigned to it by Backendless such as objectId and the created column.
The screenshot below shows an object added for the restaurant app: