As an application is developing, the backend accumulates a lot of development-related data. This data may include test objects in your data tables, random user accounts you used to see how logins work, meaningless geopoints or files. Sometimes there appears a desire to delete all the data, but keep the data structures (tables, file directories, geocategories). Backendless provides a way to do just that by the means of Application Reset.
To reset the backend for an app just act as the following:
- Login to Backendless console and select an app.
- Click the Reset App button located in the upper right corner of the application home screen. The following popup will appear:
- Click the checkboxes for the types of assets intended for deleting and click the Delete button.
- Backendless runs the reset task asynchronously since some applications may contain a lot of data and take some time to be cleaned up.
- As soon as the reset operation is complete, Backendless sends an email to the application developer to inform him about it.