No, system roles cannot be assigned to users. This is the main difference between the system and custom roles - Backendless assigns the former to the users automatically. When Backendless receives an API call from a non-authenticated user, it immediately assigns the NotAuthenticatedUser role to the context of the invocation on the server-side. Similarly, if an API call is received from an application where the user is logged in, Backendless assigns the AuthenticatedUser role to the context of the invocation and the user associated with it.
- Can I assign more than one role to a user and how will permissions work in this case?
- How can I edit a role's permissions?
- If I delete a custom role, what will happen to the users assigned to this role?
- If permissions conflict with each other, will GRANT or DENY have higher priority?
- How can I assign a custom role to a user in code based on some additional criteria?
- If I assign a role to a user, where can I see what permissions he has?
Can I reassign a system role like NonAuthenticatedUser to a specified user?
Is article helpful?