Backendless Service Platform offers a specific feature for some apps that need the geography-based restrictions.
It is especially useful for the developer whose license agreement explicitly prohibits users from specific countries, or if, for example, an app fits to allow users only from a specific country.
This Backendless feature allows a developer to select the countries where users would not be allowed to consume the backend of an app.
The feature relies on geo-decoding user's IP address and Backendless offers the best way to maintain the mapping between the IP - addresses and the countries they are assigned to.
If a country is selected as one where the APIs for an app should not be allowed, then any request a user from that country makes would be rejected.
To configure geography-based restrictions is an extremely easy and rapid process if following the next steps:
- Login to Backendless console, select an app and click the Users icon.
- Click the Security and Restrictions menu.
- Start typing the name of a country to restrict access for in the Geographical Restrictions drop-down list.
- Console will show any matches using an "intelli-sense" style prompt:
- Select the countries using the corresponding checkboxes and click Apply.
Any changes in the interface take immediate effect for the application.