Besides the Backendless feature to import data table schemas, relations and data objects to Backendless with CSV files it is also possible to accomplish import process with the geolocation storage.
The process is extremely simple.
A developer should browse to a CSV file with the geolocation data and let Backendless process it. An imported file may include as many geopoints as you need. For each geopoint a developer can provide the latitude and longitude coordinates, the categories the data point should belong to and the geopoint metadata.
Consider the following example of a geolocation CSV file:
Geolocation CSV files must follow the following structure:
- latitude column
- longitude column
- category names. The entire string must enclosed into double quotes. Category names must separated by commas.
- metadata in the key=value format. Multiple key/value pairs must be separated with the pipe character - |
To import geolocation data a developer has to follow the next steps:
- Login to Backendless console, select an app and click the Manage icon.
- Click the Import menu.
- Click the add file button for the Geo Service section.
- Browse and open a CSV file with the geolocation data
Once Backendless completes the import of the data, it sends an email to the application developer email address with a status report about the import procedure. If all the data is successfully processed, you can see it in the Geolocation screen of Backendless console.
For example, the data from the table shown above is rendered as: