Backendless REST Console is a proven highly-functional developer's tool rich with a variety of beneficial features.
It is a part of Backendless console and is located in its own tab on the Data screen.
The console does exactly what it sounds like - allows a developer to run REST requests against your data tables.
This topic highlights how fetching app data (AKA running HTTP GET requests) works in REST Console:
- Login to Backendless Console, select an app and click the Data icon.
- Select a table that has some records.
- Click the REST Console tab.
- The table you selected in step (2) is the context of all subsequent operations in REST Console. Try clicking another table and notice the change in the Request URL field. Make sure a table with at least one record is selected.
- Click the GET button. REST Console makes an HTTP GET request to the server, receives the response and renders it in the Response Body area. You can also see the request headers if you click the show headers link.
REST Backendless Console has a lot of features and is one of the areas Backendless team is actively enriching with new functionality.