Socket.io-client-swift shows many errors when upgrading back endless

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade to Backendless 5 and when i update using cocoa pods, my Xcode project no longer works. So in steps:

• my Xcode project builds fine
  • using terminal i edit the pod file in my project and use pod install backendless
  • I try and build my project, it no longer works but the errors shown are in the socket.io-client-swift pod library.

Thanks

F

Hi Feras

Could you please send your project to support@backendless.com so we could trace the exact errors and advice on a fix. Thanks in advance

Anton

Hi Anton,

Unfortunately I cannot send you our code. I will try and debug it in-house and if I can’t, would someone be available for a Skype call?

Best,

F

Hello,

Is your code written in Obj-C or Swift?
Please make sure your podfile looks like this:

target 'Application1' do

use_frameworks!
pod 'Backendless'

end

Unfortunately I can’t help without more information from your side.

Regards,
Olga

Hi Olga,

It does and I think I have fixed the issue. Now I have a linker error and it is only there because of installing Backendless. We are debugging now.

Best,

Feras A.

My code is in swift, Are you available to Skype so we can debug the problem together?

This is the final error:

Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:
OBJC_CLASS$__TtC8SocketIO13SocketManager”, referenced from:
objc-class-ref in libbackendless.a(RTClient.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

We don’t provide Skype support.
Do you have Socket.IO connected in your frameworks (Xcode project → Target → Build Phases)?

Regards,
Olga

yes I do. Do all versions of Backendless work with Swift 3.2? or are there versions that only work with Swift 4+?

Please use Swift 4+.
We have a dependency to Socket.IO which requires Swift 4+

Regards, Olga

so It cannot be done using Swift 3?

As I know some errors may occur with Swift 3.
Just tried and I’m getting Socket-IO errors. However they disappear as soon as I set Swift version to 4 or higher.

Regards,
Olga