Add Cell to Container isn't working

Hey everyone!

I’m very new here, and just getting started with Backendless. I’m going through the tutorials and I’m running into trouble getting some basic things to work with the UI Builder.

I’m currently watching one of the Tutorial videos: First Steps - Developing a Basic App with Database Integration - YouTube
This video may be out of date. At the moment, I cannot add a “Cell” into the “Row” or “Container” as demonstrated in the video (at 11:39). No matter what I do, the cell simply cannot be placed into the container. I’m pretty sure that I’m doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance!

-Todd

Hi Todd,

When you place a container onto the page, it automatically comes with a row that has one cell. You can duplicate that cell to add more or drag additional cells into the row. If this is not what you experience, please record a screencast and share the link with us here. The easiest way to do this is with loom (loom.com)

Regards,
Mark

Hey Mark!
Thanks for the quick reply!!

ok, duplicate the cell. That should work.

Here’s a quick video of the “Cell” not being able to be added to the Container.

Where can someone “add” a cell? What UI elements accept a cell?

Thanks,
-Todd

Hi Todd,

Thank you for sharing the video. I was able to duplicate the problem and opened an internal ticket for it. For now, please use the workaround with replicating the cell:

Regards,
Mark

Mark-

Oh wow! I found a bug!

Thanks for your help!

-Todd

Hello @Todd_Brous

We’ve just updated cloud servers with a fix for the issue you described above. Could you kindly let us know whether fix works for you well?

Regards,
Inna