[Android] Facebook Login - Get profile picture

that sounds like a good option… mind copying and pasting that java block you used for GET request to FB graph?

would appreciate it if someone could help, as i’m not very familiar with facebook graph

A.Kadima, I would like to remind you that this support forum is strictly for Backendless-related questions and problems. Topics like “how to load an image from Facebook” is clearly outside of the scope of our support. I am pretty sure the support department at Facebook must be 10 times larger than the entire Backendless Corporation… Could you please direct your question to Facebook? For everything else related to Backendless, we’d be happy to help.

Mark

Makes sense, thank you guys.

If you guys can please find a way to set/get profile picture size via fields mapping… it would make it much simpler IMHO

Would also appreciate this!

You would usually request a larger image via the facebook SDK by using

picture?type=large

However, when you call via the below, using field mapping; Backendless seems to get stuck at the ‘?’ -

backendless.userService.loginWithFacebookSDK

it calls ‘picture’ fine its when you add the ‘?type=large’ the issue happens.

Is this something you can help with, or is it still outside the scope of your support forum?

Server error given:

Server reported an error: FAULT = ‘8010’ [“Syntax error “Expected end of string instead of “?”.” at character 38: birthday,gender,name,last_name,picture?type=large,id,first_name,email”] <“Syntax error &quot;Expected end of string instead of &quot;?&quot;.&quot; at character 38: birthday,gender,name,last_name,picture?type=normal,id,first_name,email”>

The image seems to be 50x50 (the URL says so), but even changing it manually isn’t working (something that did work before)

How does mapping work for profile picture? I want to place picture url on my user profile field “avatar”. Im using REST, and following the tutorial “Login with Facebook SDK”.

{ "accessToken" : value, 
"fieldsMapping" : { 
    "first_name" : "FirstName", 
    "last_name" : "LastName", 
    "picture" : "avatar" } 
} 

How can I achieve to get the picture URL with this request?