Auto Populate Related Data

Hi, hope you are all well.

I am looking for some help with regards to Relations.
I have an App Table called Lead which has a 1 to many relationship with the System Table Users. I created the relationship using the Backendless Console.

What I can’t quite understand is, when viewing the data using the Data Browser, when I click on Relations, it only shows me the records that I associated when I originally created the Relation.

How do I get it to auto-update so all the related data is shown?
Thanks guys!

Hi Jonathan,

Unfortunately, the related items display is not “tuned in” for the real-time updates in console. At the moment, the real-time updates in Backendless console work only for the primary objects (as opposed to both primary and related). The situation with the real-time APIs is different though - you can subscribe to get events for both primary and/or related objects.

Regards,
Mark

1 Like

Thank you Mark for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it.

Are there any tutorials I can go through to subscribe to events?

Thanks again!
Jono.

Do you need it for JS, Android, iOS, Flutter, or .NET?

Thanks again for the response Mark.

I’m actually using backendless as my database for an Adalo application, so will need to request the data via the Database API.

Jono.

Hi Jonathan,

When you use something like Adalo, you interface with Backendless via REST. However, the RT functionality is available only with our SDKs and UI Builder. In order to take advantage of the real-time database and real-time messaging, you would need to figure out how to embed our SDK into Adalo, or switch to UI Builder.

Regards,
Mark

1 Like

Thank you Mark.

I have 2 more questions then I will leave you in peace!

1. Is native mobile deployment without having to use the Backendless Viewer on the roadmap?
  2. How often is the data refreshed through REST? So if a new record is loaded 09/06/2022, at what point will that new data show up (without RT)?

Thanks again.
I love what backendless is doing.

You are very welcome.

1. No, we do not plan to introduce native output from UI Builder. The approach with Native Mobile Shell covers pretty much all the use cases: Introducing the Backendless Native Mobile App Flutter Shell

2. With rest you make a new call to get the latest data. If the data has changed between two calls, the most recent call would get it.

Regards,
Mark