Backendless.Messaging.registerDeviceOnServer() not working

I’ve tried to register some Android device on server with method registerDeviceOnServer() but I’m getting the following error: “error” -> “BackendlessException{ code: ‘Server.Processing’, message: ‘unable to adapt parameter to a method argument type. unable to adapt string to class com.backendless.datamodel.enums.OperatingSystem. String value - Windows 10’ }”

My scenario would bo something like that; each device has its own channel for push notifications:

• Device A sends join request to device B (device A would like to subscribe to push messages of device’s B channel)
  • After device B approves join request I call backendless business logic Backendless.Events.dispatch(“approveJoinRequest”)
  • In business logic after I join A to B via Group and User table (look at the code) I would like to register A to push messages of B’s channel
 PushObject pushObject = convertToPushObject((HashMap<String, Object>) eventArgs.get(KEY_PUSH_OBJECT));
 try {
 BackendlessUser user = Backendless.UserService.findById(pushObject.getSenderId());
 // Remove applicant from his current Group... 
 GroupEventHandler.removeFromGroup(user);
 // ...and join him to new Group 
 GroupEventHandler.joinToGroup(user, pushObject.getGroupToJoin());
 List<String> channels = new ArrayList<String>();
 String channel = "ch"+pushObject.getGroupToJoin();
 channels.add(channel);
 // Register applicant to new channel 
 String deviceToken = pushObject.getSendersDeviceToken();
 Backendless.Messaging.registerDeviceOnServer(deviceToken, channels, 4000000000000L); // Tuesday, October 2, 2096 7:06:40 AM UTC);
 } catch (Exception e) {
 e.printStackTrace();
 args.put(KEY_ERROR, e.toString());
 }

So, is this even possible because according to mentioned error it seems that isn’t (yes, I’m aware that I’m running CodeRunner from Windows 10 OS).

Hi,

Are you trying to register CodeRunner as a device to receive push notifications?