BackendlessException code: 'Internal client exception'

Sometimes, my app crash with this exeption:

BackendlessException{ code: 'Internal client exception', message: 'https://api.backendless.com/v1/binary' }

What it means?

Hi.

There are a lot of things which can cause this error.
Could you add application code
(or attach files with app code)?

Regards,
Kate.

This exception occurs in different places and at different times(today 2-3 times).
But more often in very simple Backendless.Persistence.of(class).find();

If you use the Backendless SDK for Android, an exception could occur if you use the synchronous version of the method.

Hi,

I’m also getting this error intermittently but from within a CustomEventHandler method call. One place i’m seeing it happen is through calling…

Backendless.UserService.findById( context.getUserId() );

Can calling the synchronous version of this method from within a CustomEventHandler cause an ‘internal client exception’?

I’m using the synchronous version because the method…

public Map handleEvent( RunnerContext context, Map eventArgs )

needs to return a Map synchronously. If a ‘internal client exception’ can be avoided by an asynchronous approach, is there a way to do that within a CustomEventHandler?

Cheers,
Grant.

Hi Grant,

Custom Even Handlers must use synchronous APIs. You wrote the error occurs intermittently. Did you notice any correlations when the error happens? Do you always have a logged in user when the custom event is fired?

Regards,
Mark

Hey Mark,

Thanks for confirmation of that. I’ve yet to find any correlation with the errors but will continue to try, and will keep you posted if I find anything repeatable. And yes it was always a logged in user making the request. I suppose one correlation is that when it’s happening it’s happening for all requests for a period of time, then after a while it’s fine again. You mentioned a malfunctioning server in another post I made, could it be related to that in some way? For example, were my requests being load-balanced in such a way that they were consistently being directed to a faulty server?

Cheers,
Grant.

Hi Grant,

Yes, I believe the malfunctioning server is to blame. Server affinity was on and the requests were being routed to the same server. Please let us know if the problem resurfaces again.

Regards,
Mark

I got the same problem. Why ???

It’s appears sometimes.

BackendlessException{ code: 'Internal client exception', message: 'https://api.backendless.com/v1/binary' }

I use AsyncCallback<BackendlessUser>
It is possible to get an exception or BackendlessException instead of BackendlessFault ??

I want to see all stack, for understanding all situation.

I am also getting same problem at different time and at different calls but totally unpredictable