Change API Key

Hi, I have a request for you guys.

I have an iOS app in app store which is inactive for almost a year and half.
It is a commercial app for food delivery system
Now, my client wants to market the app.
The problem is that we used free backendless cloud for backend during development. Now when I open my account, I don’t find the app and the communication I received is that app has been deleted due to being inactive.
So, I created a new app in backendless, change the keys in my code. Now When I try to upload the app again in apple store, apple is asking to upgrade the whole code and its been a headache ever since. I was wondering if you can change the API keys of it to the old keys because old keys don’t work anymore and it is a headache with apple to upgrade everything.
Please let me know if it is possible.
Thank you

Hi Kiran,

We can change the API keys, however, I believe it will not help since the APP ID cannot be changed.

Regards,
Mark

1 Like

Thank you for your reply and you are right. I need app ID also to be changed as well for it to work.
Since, as communicated by backendless support through emails, previous app doesn’t exist on your servers, is there a way to create a new app with same app ID as my old ID.

Here are the keys for my old app
App ID: “9D0D0B57-308E-B7E3-FFBE-DD24A0BDD400”
IOS KEY: “AE1C3531-AB6E-63D3-FF65-2DFF74761C00”

Please check if it exists on your server once again.
If we can create an app with this ID, It would save me months of work
Thank you

P.S: I am sharing keys in the open as I don’t have any user personal info in database presently

I am not sure if it is possible to change the APP ID. It is much simpler with API Keys though. I will find out what level of effort this will take. if it is something that is not quick, there may be an administrative fee to cover the devops time. I will let you know on Tuesday next week.

Regards,
Mark

Thank you for your response. I will be waiting for your reply

Hello Backendless,

We really liked backendless when we started using it, we didnt think of this scenario.
Im ok to pay for the time it takes on your side to fix this.

Kindly please help to launch our app during this pandemic our websites are ineffective for our customers and very slow at the moment.

We need this app tobe launched again to get back to the business.
Currently our business is badly impacted, we are thinking of every possibility to keep gaining customers.

Hope Backendless will help us in this regard.

Kind Regards
Kiran
+61 432 7 31 39

What exactly would you like us to do?

Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark,

I was following up on your reply on April 18.

I need app ID also to be changed as well for it to work.
Since, as communicated by backendless support, is there a way to create a new app with same app ID as my old ID.

Here are the keys for my old app
App ID: “9D0D0B57-308E-B7E3-FFBE-DD24A0BDD400”
IOS KEY: “AE1C3531-AB6E-63D3-FF65-2DFF74761C00”

More information on the thread above.

Hello @Kiran_Viswanadhapalli

please contact us by using the following email sales@backendless.com.

Regards, Vlad