Client side data change events

This is just something I’ve seen on a few similar services that I can’t seem to find in backendless. What I’m trying to do is have it so information is updated only when needed on my clients.

Just as an example imagine we have a data table for Stores that contains information about their open and close times and such. I don’t want to be checking my data every 5 minutes to check that I’m up to date because it’s a waste of bandwidth and requests.

If this feature isn’t implemented is there another way I could accomplish something like this?

Hi Ben,

It is on our roadmap. I hope it will be available before the end of the year.

Regards,
Mark

So, any progress as of late?

Right now we’re focusing on the 4.0 release. Data push to the clients is tentatively scheduled for 4.1. As a workaround, you can notify clients using the following approach:

Create a "server object listener" mechanism where a client can "subscribe" to receive updates. This could be done by creating a messaging channel corresponding to the table (or even object) for which you'd like to be notified. Add "before" (or "after") server-side event handler. When an object is updated, send a silent push notification to the channel corresponding to the object/table. All devices will be automatically notified.
Regards, Mark

Currently using the first suggestion, just figured I’d check to see if the feature is still planned. Thanks Mark.