Hello , while registering my fire tv stick along with sender id and channel name not regster

Hello , while registering my firetv from fire tv stick along with sender id and channel name and version, i am not getting any fault it is going into handle response overriden method , but after see to Message device section it is not registering my device what is the issue my code is given below. Backendless.Messaging.registerDevice(“SenderId”, “ChannelName”, new AsyncCallback<Void>() { @Override public void handleResponse(Void aVoid) { Toast.makeText(MainActivity.this,“Registered”,Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show(); } @Override public void handleFault(BackendlessFault backendlessFault) { Toast.makeText(MainActivity.this,"Fault Is : "+backendlessFault.getMessage(),Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show(); } });

Pls sort out my above prolem it is not registering my firetv device to message section

Hello,
You have to configure your messaging according to documentation: https://backendless.com/documentation/messaging/android/messaging_requirements.htm
Artur

Yes i configured according to doc , the code was working good in Android devices but when same code i try to run with firetvstick to register device then it does not register the firetvstick.

@Swapnil, There may be a problem in detecting your device IP, you can set it via API.

how to do that

You could do this:

Backendless.Messaging.DEVICE_ID = “assign device id here”;
It needs to be done before calling the “registerDevice” method.

Still it is not registering. but it shows toast message Registerd in responseString android_device_id = Settings.Secure.getString(MainActivity.this.getContentResolver(), Settings.Secure.ANDROID_ID);
Backendless.Messaging.DEVICE_ID=android_device_id;
//REGISTER YOUR DEVICE FROM HERE USING SENDER ID ,IT WILL BE REGISERD AT MESSAGE SECTION FROM THERE U CAN SEND PUSH NOTIFICATION.
Backendless.Messaging.registerDevice(“SenderId”, “ChannelName”, new AsyncCallback<Void>() {
@Override
public void handleResponse(Void aVoid) {
Toast.makeText(MainActivity.this,“Registered”,Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();

}

@Override
public void handleFault(BackendlessFault backendlessFault) {
    Toast.makeText(MainActivity.this,"Fault Is : "+backendlessFault.getMessage(),Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
}

});

How do you determine that it is not registered? The device does not show up in Backendless Console?

It is not showing in Devices section of Messaging

file:///C:/Users/swapnil.ahirrao/Desktop/Untitled.png</img>

U Can see here it shows my android device registerd but second time when same application running from firetvstick it will not register the DeviceId and all stuff for firetvstick, there is only 1 Device id of mobile.
PFA

The way device registration works is it communicates with GCM (Google Cloud Messaging) first, then sends a request to Backendless. In order for the complete flow to work, the client side must have the broadcast receiver configured in application’s manifest. See the “Push Notifications” section on this page for details:
https://backendless.com/documentation/messaging/android/messaging_requirements.htm

I am not familiar with the specifics of setting up an app on Fire tv stick. Is there a concept of app manifest there? Have you registered the receiver?

Mark

Yes I have already registered BroadCast Reciever in mainfeast.

Swappy

Could you check what value you get from this call?:

com.backendless.ContextHandler.getAppContext()

Try calling before you call registerDevice and let me know what value you get.

Mark

I got packagename@8b74c4d

Thanks, it helps. Please try making the following two calls. Let me know if you get any
exceptions:

com.backendless.push.GCMRegistrar.checkDevice( com.backendless.ContextHandler.getAppContext() );

and:

com.backendless.push.GCMRegistrar.checkManifest( com.backendless.ContextHandler.getAppContext() );

I haven’t got any exception

And now finally this call:

com.backendless.push.GCMRegistrar.register( com.backendless.ContextHandler.getAppContext(), String GCMsenderId, List&lt;String&gt; channels, null );

Written, still not registered

I am really out of ideas. This is the first time we run into fire tv stick and do not even have it available to reproduce the problem. You’re welcome to pull the SDK code and run through the entire process of registration in a debugger to see where the failure occurs. I am afraid that’s the only option that is left now.

Regards,
Mark