Support Topics Documentation Slack YouTube Blog

I can't see all metadata of geopoint in the browser!

(Timofey) #1

I want to be able to see all row with metadata in the browser but it is impossible because there is no any horizontal scroll. Please look at the screenshot.

(Mark Piller) #2

Hi Timofey,

We should be able to correct this in the upcoming release. I will create an internal ticket for it.

Regards,
Mark

(Mark Piller) #3

Timofey,

Which approach would be the most intuitive in your opinion:

1. User moves mouse pointer over the cell, console shows popup with the entire text

or

1. User clicks the cell and it becomes a non-editable text field which you can use to select all text, scroll through, etc.

or

1. Double click the value in the cell and it is copied to the clipboard.

Cheers,
Mark

(Mark Piller) #4

Here’s what we plan to do:

1. User moves mouse over a cell which has long metadata text (no clicks, just mouse over): console shows a popup which contains full text. User should be able to move mouse pointer into the popup to select text. When user moves mouse pointer out of the popup OR the actual cell, the popup closes. The delay to show the popup should be 2 seconds.
  2. User double clicks the cell with long text : the cell becomes a text field which cannot be modified. User can scroll through the cell, select text, etc. When user clicks outside of the text field, it then becomes a regular cell.

(Timofey) #5

[reply user_id=1][h4]Mark Piller wrote:[/h4]Here’s what we plan to do:

1. User moves mouse over a cell which has long metadata text (no clicks, just mouse over): console shows a popup which contains full text. User should be able to move mouse pointer into the popup to select text. When user moves mouse pointer out of the popup OR the actual cell, the popup closes. The delay to show the popup should be 2 seconds.
  2. User double clicks the cell with long text : the cell becomes a text field which cannot be modified. User can scroll through the cell, select text, etc. When user clicks outside of the text field, it then becomes a regular cell.[/reply]it looks great. I am looking forward to this new release.