Is it Me or Backendless Seems to be down.

Hi there,
My test app expires user token right after login, OR doesnt login at all. Is it me or Backendless is Down? Do you have any Status page where we can see if All Apis are running or having downtime?

Regards

We’re experiencing a problem right now and are working on a resolution.

phew, thanks.

Do you have a timeframe when we can expect the problem to be solved / the platform to be working again?

Unfortunately no, it should be as soon as possible.

Is there any feedback what happened? And how likely it is that it / something like it will be happening again?

Generally speaking, is there some kind of incident reports for such outages?

To pick up the question from the original poster.
Do you have any Status page where we can see if All Apis are running or having downtime?

It was an outage caused by a bug. The Backendless Cloud installation does not have a guaranteed uptime, so it is possible that outage may happen in the future. Unless it is a lengthy outage we do not provide incident reports.

If your application calls for consistently reliable uptime and response time, we offer the Managed Backendless service, which comes with a contractual uptime guarantee as well as an SLA. Managed Backendless is staged specifically for individual customers. All the app data is stored in complete isolation and all the worker processes in the cluster work exclusively for one specific app.

Regards,
Mark

Thanks for the clarification.

Sorry, to have to ask again: Do you have any Status page where we can see if All Apis are running or having downtime?

I think that would be great to have and it would make it easy to fing out where the problem is (client, communication, backend, …).

No, there is no status page that would be publicly exposed at the moment.