Support Topics Documentation Slack YouTube Blog

Maven

(James Wilding) #1

Are there any plans to publish the Android SDK on maven central?

(Mark Piller) #2

Hi James,

I do not see any reasons why we should not do it. Consider it done, should not take a lot of time.

Regards,
Mark

(Mark Piller) #3

Hi James,

Backendless is now available on maven central. You need to add the following dependency to your pom.xml:

<dependency> <groupId>com.backendless</groupId> android <version>1.0</version> </dependency>

Regards,
Mark

(James Wilding) #4

Thanks Mark,

For other Android devs, I’m sure you can work this out, here is how to include it your build.gradle:

dependencies {
compile ‘com.backendless:android:1.0’
}

(Marcio Prudencio) #5

Hi @mark-piller, I’m setting up Push notifications on Android now and I don’t have this (pom.xml) in my react-native project. So my question is, the @james-wilding suggestion is a valid workaround for this pom.xml?

Regards;

(Vladimir Upirov) #6

Hi @MARCIO_PRUDENCIO

I assume this article will help you to setup PushNotification in your ReactNative app https://backendless.com/push-notifications-using-backendless-react-native-android/

Regards, Vlad

(Marcio Prudencio) #8

Hi @vladimir-upirov, thanks for the link.

I’m getting an error (Backendless.Messaging.addPushNotificationListener is not a function … addPushNotificationListener is undefined) when added to my componentDidMount, couldn’t find a related topic here.

As a result, I’m able to Send but NOT Receive Notifications. Any guess?

(Mark Piller) #9

@MARCIO_PRUDENCIO please submit a new topic for any new question you have. As you can see, the discussion you’re having now has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of this topic.

Thanks!

(Marcio Prudencio) #10

Done @mark-piller, my bad… thanks!