Notification not showing

For some reason i can’t see any notification on my Android device.
The steps I did to setup everything:

1. Google Console Developers and created a project with package name, etc, and got an Server API Key and Sender ID.
  2. On Backendless Console set the Server API Key.
  3. on Android side:
    Backendless.Messaging.registerDevice(GCMConfig.SENDER_ID, null, getExpirationDate(), this);
    3.1) expires in 3 months
    3.2) the callback just logs a message saying the devices was registered or not (and here everyhting is ok, being registered)
    3.3) GCMConfig.SENDER_ID is the value retrieved from Google Console Developers
  4. Use BAckendless default configuration for notifications:
    4.1) Manifest
    <uses-permission android:name=“android.permission.INTERNET”/>
    <uses-permission android:name=“android.permission.WAKE_LOCK”/>
    <uses-permission android:name=“com.google.android.c2dm.permission.RECEIVE”/>
    <uses-permission android:name=“pt.meusuper.paoquentepronto.permission.C2D_MESSAGE”/>

<intent-filter>

<category android:name=“com.mypackagename.abc” />
</intent-filter>
</receiver>
<service android:name=“com.backendless.push.BackendlessPushService” />

I don’t receive any notification on my device, but i can see that the divide is being registered on backendless.Whats missing here? I double checked all the keys already, but still can’t figure out what is missing.

Hello,

Do you send a notification from Backendless console or from your app? What are the headers you include with a notification message?

Regards,
Mark

Sending notification through Backendless console.

Headers: “android-ticker-text”:“ticker text”, “android-content-title”:“content title”, “android-content-text”:“content text”
Select “Push Notifications”/“Android devices”

Thanks. Was this step done? (enabling google cloud messaging):
https://backendless.com/documentation/messaging/android/server-key-step4.zoom42.png

Also, I am wondering if this is a typo. Everywhere you have “com.mypackagename.abc”, except here:
<uses-permission android:name=“pt.meusuper.paoquentepronto.permission.C2D_MESSAGE”/>

Working… I did this exact step couple times, copy paste of Ids to backendless and SenderID. And now its working :smiley:

Thanks for the quick answer anyway :slight_smile:

You got it. Thanks for developing with Backendless))