Register Device Error for Push Android

I get this error when trying to register device with the GCMSenderId from google.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not register device on Backendless server: https://api.backendless.com/1.0/binary

my code is:

Backendless.Messaging.registerDevice(gcmSenderID, "1");

Channel name cannot be “1” - numerics are not allowed in channel names.

It still stops running after I change it to a string.

this is the whole stack trace:

Process: suh.erbisme4.com.suh, PID: 15390
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not register device on Backendless server: https://api.backendless.com/1.0/binary
at com.backendless.push.BackendlessBroadcastReceiver.onError(BackendlessBroadcastReceiver.java:148)
at com.backendless.push.BackendlessBroadcastReceiver$1.handleFault(BackendlessBroadcastReceiver.java:310)
at com.backendless.Messaging$2.handleFault(Messaging.java:247)
at com.backendless.async.message.AsyncMessage$FaultHandler.handle(AsyncMessage.java:83)
at com.backendless.async.message.AsyncMessage.handleCallback(AsyncMessage.java:41)
at com.backendless.core.AndroidCarrier$1.handleMessage(AndroidCarrier.java:37)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:98)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:148)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5527)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:730)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:620)

Is it the entire error message you get?

Could you post your android manifest here?
Did you setup the backend with the Google API key?
Is the API enabled in the Google Developer console?

What version of backendless SDK do you use? I noticed that some signatures are different than those in the latest version.

Yes I followed the documentation. I was wondering the same as you because the method signatures in the documentation are different than the ones I saw in the one decompiled backendless file for registeruser

So what is the version you have?

I got it. I didn’t realize String version for init had to match that of Backendless console such as “v1”.

Yes, indeed. The clue was actually right in there in the URL you posted…

Glad that one is resolved.