storage limit exceeded but only have a few files

My application is currently blocked because of file storage limit exceeded error. However, I only have a few files uploaded (< 50MB). I have an application that calls the REST API to upload files, overwriting the existing file each time. It appears as if the file does get overwritten, but the storage capacity decreases with each upload like if it is not actually overwriting the file. My application ID is 85CB16DE-B11F-D55B-FFDF-11D5902EB700

Hi Robert,

I requested our SysOps team to get a detailed listing of the file space for your app. I will let you know when I hear back.

Regards,
Mark

Hi Robert,

The block has been removed. Have you recently deleted any files after you started receiving email notifications about the limit?

Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Yes I deleted two files after receiving the emails to see if it would free up a large chunk of space.

There is still a message at the top of the console saying that I have exceeded the limit.

Do you know why it is showing that there is > 5GB of storage even though the files in the console are only showing around 40 MB? The app uploads a new MP4 clip every 15 minutes or so, overriding the previous file. I wan’t to make sure that this works properly going forward.

Thanks,
Rob

Hi Robert,

The banner at the top will go away once some cached data is invalidated, it should not prevent you from uploading new file, but if you run into a problem, please let us know.

Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark,

I just want to confirm that I am doing the upload correctly and the problem is not in my REST call. I am using the below shell script command to do the upload. Is it correct or am I doing something wrong which is causing the cached file to persist?

curl
-H application-id:XXXXXXX
-H secret-key:XXXXXXXXX
-H Content-Type:“multipart/form-data”
-H application-type:REST
–form upload=@${file_path}/${curl_input_file}
-X POST
-v https://api.backendless.com/v1/files/${obj_id}/${curl_output_file}?overwrite=true

Thanks,
Rob

Hi Mark,

I am getting the error again after uploading only a few files

Thanks,
Rob

Any updates?

Hi Robert,

We are working on a fix. Limit block has been manually removed from your app.

Regards,
Mark

Hi Robert,

The problem has now been fixed permanently.