Tracking on Backendless Linkbacks

Completing a Mission usually ends with a request to post something on social media or a blog. Always with a link back to Backendless. In fact, I started a little blog… and… now have 10 followers. (It’s a start) This is a great little marketing game. It adds to the challenge of completing Missions and it’s fun to share my enthusiasm with others.

It would be nice if the Backendless link that we are asked to share ALSO included some kind of tacking, so we’d know which of our posts were working and which ones weren’t.

Hi Paul,

Do you want to track when someone clicks our link or yours? You’re right, our links you share do not include any tracking data, however, if they did, we’d be the ones to know, I do not see how you’d be able to see the tracking details. Perhaps I am missing something.

Regards,
Mark

The example text we are asked to use, usually concludes with links, like this.

Backendless | Visual App Development Platform (VADP) and MBaaS
(https://backendless.com/)
#apiservices #backendless #mbaas #mobileappdevelopment #appdev

That first line is what appears as the link. The second line is invisible. How about:

Backendless | Visual App Development Platform (VADP) and MBaaS
(https://backendless.com/123e4567-e89b-12d3-a456)
#apiservices #backendless #mbaas #mobileappdevelopment #appdev

Notice, a uuid was added in 2nd example. Then you could add an Activity column in the Mission Activity Events page. But Missions are only temporary during the education phase. What I really like to see is an Activity column on the Missions Earn BBS page.

Maybe your system could track these uuid hits. Since the BBS award is contingent on acceptance, and paid only once, you don’t need to be worried about abuse. Ideally all Backendless web pages could register uuid hits. This way reviews and articles would send new users to different pages, depending on context. ALSO, such a facility could almost be essential in your own corporate marketing.

PS: A great misconception about no-code platform is that they are ideal for anyone to develop applications. In fact, some are so simplistic, they can accommodate non-programmers. Looks to me, that Backendless is full featured environment and NOT intended for those with no programming experience. Rather than saying something like, Develop Applications 10x faster," your marketing team might want to come up with a meme that discourages non-programmers while encouraging experienced programmers with the flexibility and productivity gains. :slightly_smiling_face:

When you complete a task from Missions and share about it in social media and then report the shared link back to us, we DO track it. We regularly go into our internal tool to see what people share and if the shared content meets our guidelines, we approve the links so the BBs are awarded.

If I understood you correctly, what you’re asking is some kind of feedback on whether any one of your followers actually clicked on the backendless link. While this is technically possible, we’d need to weigh the effort it requires vs the benefit, since the same time could be applied to actually make beckendless more powerful, to have more features, etc.

Regards,
Mark

Yes, that it. Just brainstorming here.

Thanks for all your help!!
Great work on all those youTube Videos!