UI Data Loss after a lock up

I have just started my journey on learning this awsome app. I have had a few freeze situations and just re booted - no problems. With another freeze this morning I had to log out then in again but this time the UI data had all gone. Tables were still ok in the backend.
It was only the sample user registration but had it been a more detailed page/pages it would have been a bigger problem.
My question is : can data such as UI pages be saved and restored when in the springboard plan ?.

Hi, @David_Duncan

Welcome to the community!
Very sorry to hear that you have lost some of your logic. There were no issues with the servers on our side today. However, we will try to reproduce the problem on our side.
We have some improvements we are going to make in the next release that will prevent UI data from disappearing.

My question: is it possible to save and restore data, such as UI pages, in terms of springboard?

We back up all applications on paid plans. If you need to restore data, there is an administration fee that covers the engineer’s time spent restoring the data.

Regards,
Marina

Thanks Marina. I guess you have experienced similar problems with UI data disappearing. Is there any way I can preserve my UI builder logic myself or is it only by upgrading to a paid plan ?. When is your next release due that will prevent UI data disappearing ?.

Best Regards
Dave

I just thought I should clarify the issue. I had been working with the UI builder yesterday and the registration UI page and logic were in place. I returned to it today and data was as per yesterday but while working on it the screen locked up. Rebooted and found all the same data to have disappeared so the data was wiped and no page data available.

@David_Duncan

Could you please clarify and give us more information about the incident that occurred today:

…the screen locked up. Rebooted and found…

Regards,
Marina

The data was stored ok yesterday. I opened the UI today and the same data was retrieved. I started working on it due to a mistake somewhere on my part and I ended up deleting all - I forgot about that part in my previous clarification so I think this may be the reason. I then reconstructed the data when the app locked up and when I visited the UI there was no page so nothing had been stored. So my question would be - is there any way, or need for, saving to the cloud as I work ?. Is there any way for me to preserve the data as the springboard plan does not allow for exporting and restoring.
Thanks
Dave

@David_Duncan

I ended up deleting all

What did you delete exactly? Could the issue be that you accidentally deleted the page?

Regards,
Marina

Indeed Marina - I deleted the page and then went on to re construct the panel block with text, labels and button after which time the screen froze and I had to reboot and then that data was gone. I did not get as far as publishing the page. No idea why it keeps locking up.

Is there any way I can make sure it is saved as I go ?. This was not a big deal as it was limited data and may not recurr - hopefully.

I have just started again and the UI data is now showing so ther emust have been a lag somehow. Sorry to have troubled you.

Maybe no need for me to worry about back ups till I get serious and am on a paid plan.

Thanks again
Dave

@David_Duncan

Could you make a record of the screen when it is locked again. If you could describe the steps after the screen has frozen, that would be great. That would help us understand the problem and reproduce it on our end, if that’s the case.

Is there any way I can make sure it is saved as I go ?

Data is stored automatically in the UI Builder after making some changes on the screen.

Regards,
Marina

Thanks for your quick responses. I will try and get meaningfull data if it happens again.

Regards
Dave