Unique username linked to a unique table

To Whom it may concern,

How can I setup a login that a user would go to a specific table, i.e. User A login opens table 1, User B login opens table 2 etc. Thus they won’t see the tables of other users, only the ones designated for them.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Michael Boucher

Hello @Michael_Boucher

You could extend your User table by adding some property for all users. For example role.

After that, at UI you can check what role has Current User.

If different users may see different tables, you can use Visibility logic and show only one of many Table components, what has been needed.

If a different users should see specific data from one table, you can manage Table components property - Where Clause

Regards Dima.

Hi Michael,

Do your users have different security roles?

Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark,

They all have the same roles. The app we are creating is for 14 different stores we deliver diesel to, but we want to be in control of all the meter readings before and after the diesel has been delivered. Thus how this should work is that Site 1 had User 1, he logs in and gets to table 1, he enters the numbers and exit. Site 2 has User 2 and he logs in and have access to table 2, enters the numbers and exit and so it goes on to number 14.

We as the admin would have full rights to view all 14 sites and invoice them according to the numbers on the 14 tables.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks for the help in afvance.

Kind regards

Michael Boucher

Hi Dima,

Thanks for the reply.

I will have a look and see if I am successful in setting this up according to your steps.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Kind regards

Michael Boucher

Hi Michael,

One solution would be to have a column in the Users table that would contain the name of the table the user can work with. Once the user logs in, you’d get the table name and perform all the necessary operations there.

You can restrict access at the table level by assigning the permissions to the users that access to the specific table. Would that work for you?

Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you again for your help. This seems to be the solution that I’m looking for. I’ll set it up that way and test it out.

Thank you once again for your help.

Kind regards

Michael Boucher