User Confirmation Failed, But Able to Login

For a user I just registered, userStatus = EMAIL_CONFIRMATION_PENDING

I receive the confirmation email, click the link and get the following {“code”:3051,“message”:“Confirmation failed”}

Check userStatus again, and it’s set to ENABLED, even though I got {“code”:3051,“message”:“Confirmation failed”} when I clicked the link.

I can successfully logon, even though it appears the confirmation failed? See attached for screenshots.

ScreenShots.zip (290.03kB)

userStatus changes from EMAIL_CONFIRMATION_PENDING to ENABLED simply by refreshing the “users” table?

I register a new user in my app (me, with one of my email addresses) and have the backend configured to send a confirmation email. If I ignore the confirmation email and go to the “data” page for my app that lists my users, it shows the newly registered user’s userStatus as EMAIL_CONFIRMATION_PENDING. If I simply refresh the page, userStatus changes to ENABLED. That user can now logon without ever clicking the “confirmation link”. Does this sound right? Anyone?

User status would change only if any of the following occur:

1. User clicks the link in the email
  2. App admin with access to Backendless console manually changes the user status.

Simply refreshing the console page does not change the state of the backend. If you could record a video showing the opposite, it would be of a huge help.

Regards,
Mark

Thanks for the quick reply Mark. I am able to repro the scenario where clicking the confirmation email fails, but the user can still login.

Link to the video here

Unsure why, but I’m not seeing the issue now with a failed confirmation and the ability to still login. I did earlier and it’s captured in the video.

Hi Patrick,

Is this issue still occurring?
Regards Ilya

Hi,

I have exact the same problem. I get the message {“code”:3051,“message”:“Confirmation failed”} but the user can login.

Hello,

I’ve checked and everything works fine. The error {“code”:3051, “message”:“Confirmation failed”} may occure when clicking the link after user has already been successfully registered.

Regards, Olga