When I am setting custom properties, some fields not coming at response.

Hi!
I started using your new released aggregation functions, but have a little problem. When I set up custom properties, I stopped getting some regular fields.
For example

private final String PROPERTY_COMMENTS_COUNT = "Count(comments) as commentsCount;
final String whereClause = "ownerId = " + "'" + userId + "'";
final DataQueryBuilder queryBuilder = DataQueryBuilder.create();
queryBuilder.setWhereClause(whereClause);
queryBuilder.setPageSize(pageSize);
queryBuilder.setOffset(page * pageSize);
queryBuilder.setProperties(PROPERTY_COMMENTS_COUNT);

I am trying to get full CompanyDto object with one new property. I am getting property, BUT name and description comes as null. For custom class and map also.
What am I doing wrong?
APP ID: EF0C71DB-AC58-3DDB-FF94-C9B10FF8C200
Thanks,
best, Nick.

Hi Nick,

When you request a count (or use any other aggregate function), you are no longer getting actual objects from the server, instead you’re getting an aggregate value. As a result, individual properties for objects no longer make sense in that context and, as a result, are not returned.

Also, please do not submit private topics as we’d like other users to benefit from the responses to solutions.

Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark, sorry I thought questions with app id should be private only, my mistake.

About the answer, I am getting everything except individual properties, how should I properly handle it, if I also need sorting by aggregate value with pagination, for example?

For example I have Item with rating field that depends on Avg function. I want to get all Items sorted by rating and have this rating field in my response.

What do you mean by “depends on Avg function”? Do you calculate it somehow when creating an object?