windows minimum version to install backendless standalone

Hi
Could I install backendless standalone windows version on windows server 2003? what is minimum required windows server version?

The minimum supported version is Windows 7.

Regards,
Mark

Hi

My company’s server is windows server 2003 64 bit and I’m developing application that needs the Backendless on that server and Company will not purchase a newer server license because of my application. I saw some bitnami applications like native installer supports server 2003? is it impossible to install backendless on server 2003?
My application is a web application that will be used in a local network. is it possible to install Backendless standalone on a machine other than server; for example a PC in network with a Windows 7. then will be possible to connect to it from another client computers in a local network ?

Regard
Mousa

Did you know that Microsoft ended support for Server 2003 last year:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/products/windows-server-2003/

You could try installing Backendless there, and let us know if it works.

Mark

what about installation on a computer other than server ? as I install in my laptop with windows 8, i can connect to backendless through wifi network . Is it possible to install on one of LAN computers for the purpose of being used by other computers in that network?

what about installation on a computer other than server ?

not a problem.

Is it possible to install on one of LAN computers for the purpose of being used by other computers in that network?

yes.

Sorry for too much questions

could I host my web app’s html and javascript files on the backendless standalone which is installed on the LAN computer? how to set domain name etc
I am so thankful and happy of your windows version release. just one point is the bad display on mac retina display which is common among swing based GUI .

Regard
Mousa

swing based UI? Are you complaining about the installer UI not being retina ready? Coming from a guy who still runs Windows Server 2003, I hope you’re joking… ))

All your Standalone questions can be answered once you company has a support plan or licenses the product. Please contact sales@backendless.com to discuss the pricing options.

Regards,
Mark

My home laptop is retina display but the older side is in my company

I will contact sales department now. I thought it’s free for single server for commercial use
I have a contract meeting with IT department head tomorrow and we should discuss regarding what infrastructure my application requires. please help me to win the project

License is free, but support is not.

Thanks Mr. Piller

I emailed about support plan pricing
meanwhile if you answer the following question I’ll be so thankful

could I host my web app's html and javascript files on the backendless standalone which is installed on the LAN computer? how to set domain name etc
could I host my web app's html and javascript files on the backendless standalone which is installed on the LAN computer? how to set domain name etc

Yes, you can host your content on Standalone Backendless. As for domain name configuration, it is not covered by free support.

Thanks I am waiting the price email