9070 Error - Just started after months of development

Good morning,

I just started receiving the following when I preview my UI builder app - {“code”:9070,“message”:“The API request has been rejected because it requires scaling for processing. Switch to the Cloud9 or Cloud99 plan to enable the Super Scaling option.”,“errorData”:{}}

I’ve never experienced it before even after months of developing. I’m on the springboard plan. The app id is A603AF06-3DDD-6D47-FF01-D559C4DF9300.

Can you help me understand what changed? Is there something happening that I can’t see?

Thanks
Paul

Looking at the usage limits in the Springboard plan, I don’t appear to be breaching any limits.

Hello @paul-barnes

The most common reason for this - is access to your app resources from different devices/locations. You can read a lot of information about Super Scaling in recent topic.

If something is still unclear, please let me know.

Regards, Dima

Thanks Dima - where can I get details where my app is accessed from?
It’s just me using the app in development and one other for testing.

For now we haven’t this option but I have created an discussion(BKNDLSS-30055).

Also, you could make an workaround - save an IP(or other meta info from request object) to table/cache.

I can’t now, because nobody can access the app - so nobody will be visiting and triggering a save to a table :laughing:

I’m going to migrate to Cloud 9. Just need to figure out the workflow for dev->test->prod for UI builder, backend and database.

Hmmm. Hi @Dima , the issue has gone away now :man_shrugging:t2:

Can you help me determine versioning & promotion between dev/test/production ?
Do you still have the concept of a ‘version’ i.e. dev is on version 0.1.5, test is on 0.1.3 and prod is on 0.1.0 ? i.e. dev has moved on by 5 minor versions which can be rolled back to ?

And, do I really need to maintain 3 paid Cloud9 environments for dev, test and prod ?

Thanks for your guidance.

Paul

Hi @paul-barnes,

The access restriction is automatically removed after 24 hours.

We no longer have the versioning feature within a single application. It was removed starting from Backendless version 4 (about 6 years ago).

For dev/test environments, the Springboard plan is suitable, it is free (if you get it through missions) or costs $50 in the marketplace once and is available forever.
For Production, this plan is not recommended as it is not intended for this.

Regards,
Stanislaw

Yep, thanks Stanislaw.

I’m happy with taking on the cloud9 for production. I read somewhere, In order to migrate changes from Dev to test to production - each of these needs to be on the same paid plan. Just looking for clarity on that really.

thanks.