Backendless is send a mail three times

Here’s what I recommend:

1. Create a separate page that contains only the functionality to send an email from the same template
  2. See if the problem occurs that way

If the problem doesn’t occur, the issue is somewhere in the logic of your app. If the problem happens in the isolated page, let us know, we will be investigating.

I have a separate page named testemail.
I write the email address in manually, no code is involved.
And when i have four of the same emails in the Users list i receive the email 4 times.

When then change three of the mails in the Users list, then i only receive one email.

30960D18-DC9C-C94C-FFD9-AECB1619B200

May I create some test accounts in the Users table for my email address?

Yes sure, do whatever you need to do

Where can I find that page?

HI @mark-piller

It is in container Lorio:

Thank you. Could you please let me know what values I should enter into these fields?
UI Builder - Lorio - Backendless 2021-10-13 14-49-07

the first is the email address, the rest can be anything

Hi Lorio,

I was able to reproduce the problem. I opened a ticket (BKNDLSS-26518) for the team to investigate and fix the problem.

Kind regards,
Mark

1 Like

Hello @mark-piller ,

I have an additional problem.
I have an email set up for sending the mails in the email settings, there i have stated a From Email and User ID.
When i use this email address in the Send email from template in the field addresses, then i receive this email 7 times. Can you also please check this?

Hello @Michel_Loriaux

I’ve tried to repeat the bug, but it didn’t work. Most likely I’m doing something wrong. Can you provide us the screenshot of the template settings and your “Send email from template” codeless block?

Regards
Viktor

Hello Viktor,

This is the template:

in the addresses there is normally the same email address as is set in the settings.

You find the template on page plmaandcontrole on the bottom of the page.

Helli @Michel_Loriaux!

Is this a problem with only one email address (specified in the email settings)?
Because I could not reproduce the problem using other addresses (testemail page).

Regards,
Alexander

Hello Alexander,

Yes this is only the problem with the email specified in the email settings.

I just ran tests on my app using the email address I set up in Email Settings and everything is working correctly. I only received one email.
Could you try sending the email from a test page (testemail page for example)?
That way we can make sure that the problem is not in the application logic.

Regards,
Alexander

Hi Alexander,

I just tried the test in the test page testemail using the email address i set up in Email Settings and i receive the email 7 times.

Hello @Alexander_Pavelko,

Do you have an idea what might cause this sending of the email to this specific email address 7 times?

And do you have an idea when there might be a resolution for ticket BKNDLSS-26518?

Hello @Michel_Loriaux

The ticket BKNDLSS-26518 has been fixed and it’s already on the testing stage, once our QA department verifies it we can release it.

You receive the email seven times because in the Users table you 7 records with the email info@...

Hi @vladimir-upirov,

Thank you for the update, great support!

Hi, @Michel_Loriaux

We’ve just updated cloud servers with a fix for the issue you described above. To get the changes, you need to delete the “Send Email from Template” block already added and add it again. In the updated block you will see the “unique emails” parameter, which should be true. Could you let us know if the fix works for you?

Regards,
Marina

1 Like