Big time execution variance in an API service

It does not take a longer time, no, it usually takes 10 seconds, sometimes up to 20. Then randomly it will time out but I have not changed anything, and I do not notice anything different in the inputs.

Are you talking about API service invocation or invoking a query from REST console?

The error occurs (sporadically) when I invoke it using a Zapier webhook.

I have a feeling we’re going in circles. Let’s go back to the original problem. I understood it like this:

You have an API service. Inside of that API service, there is a call to the database to retrieve data. API Service invocation sometimes takes too long and the logs indicated the time out happens with the API call. Then I asked you to replicate that API call in REST Console, which you did. That test demonstrated that invoking the data API directly works fast every time.

Am I correct so far?

Yes

Great. So now we established that the query used in the API service works fast. Please confirm the following: did you configure the query in REST Console with exactly the same where clause as the one you have in your API service?

Yes, I believe so. I am not entirely sure if I am missing something due to my incomplete knowledge of the Backendless user interfaces.

in the REST console, I simply created a POST request, to the url related to the table and entered the fields in the request body. This is exactly what I do in Zapier as well.

Did you put the where clause in REST Console? It needs to be the same where clause as generated by this logic:

No I did not, I will do so and revert.