Can we create a new Users table with all the UserServices

Hey Backendless,

I require an additional users table service. Is it possible for me to create. Or is there only one table that exists for users.
If possible from your end can you please create one named “Contacts”.

Thanks a lot guys.
David

Hi David

Most likely we can’t, could you please describe your end goal why you need that, and we will try to propose you a solution.

Regards, Vlad

Hey Vlad,

I need registered users to create new users(of another kind). I wish they also had functions similar to that of the original users.
Hope that is possible with backendless.

Thanks,
David

I don’t see any reasons to not use Users table for that.
Let’s take a look more deeply, for example you would like to have two kinds of users: “Admin user” and “Simple user”, you can create a new column for Users table let’s say “isAdmin” boolean column, and then use Custom Business Logic or/and Roles and Permissions to handle any cases for both users on the server

for a example for preventing user registration (only admin can register another user) you may have a “beforeRegister” Event Handler and inside the handler you can check if the current user (who made request) is not admin throw an exception

1 Like

Thanks a lot Vlad. I’ll try that out and let you know. :+1:

great, looking forward to hearing from you, if you have any other issues I will be happy to help you

Hi.
I know this is an old post and a solution has already been provided.
I am trying this, but for some reason the “Get current user” function is returning null, even though I logged in first before calling the Register function.

I am calling the Register function via Javascript.
I also called Backendless.UserService.getCurrentUser() just before calling the Register function to confirm that I am logged in and I do get a result, but the “Get current user” function still returns null on the event.

Any reason why this would be?

Hi @Bennie_Matthee,

it looks like a bug on our side. I have created an internal ticket with ID BKNDLSS-23373 to investigate this issue. We’ll let you know once we have any news.

Regards,
Stanislaw