Deployment Problem

Hi Mark,

I will try to do so, but never the less this issue will be addressed right?

Regards,

George

Hi George,

More than likely the answer is “no”. The primary reason is we decided to abandon the concept of versions in the upcoming release of Backendless 4.0. It is easy to create an app and to export/import data between the apps. Adding versions to the mix cause a lot of complexity on the server side without any clear benefit for the developers.

Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Following your advice and creating a new app, export/import the data that I have, two issues come up.

First and most important to me is “linking” of files to the app id and version, due to the file naming convention followed
i.e

https://api.backendless.com//<version name>/files/<path>/<file name>

This file name path is tightly coupled with the application ID, and version number of the app . Any files that I transfer to the new app, will have a different path based on the new id and version , making any references to file paths stored in my data structure broken. What would be a solution to this issue?

Second issue that comes up, is that any security rules applied to the 1st application, would have to be re-made manually. Is there a work around for that?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

George

Hi George

You are right, after importing, your file references will point to an old application.
You will need to write a script to fix them. This can be done using custom business logic event, which when invoked will go through all such references and fix them.

Unfortunately there are no workaround for security roles. You will need manually re-create them