FAULT = '-1001' [NSURLErrorDomain] <The request timed out.>

Hello!

I have the same problem. It happens both on simulator and device. I have installed the latest version of SDK (3.0.22)

Hey guys, should I expect any advice?

Please provide a sample code demonstrating the problem

It suddenly stopped working on the whole project, what part of it do you need to see?

Ok, now we are investigating this issue, we will let you know about a solution.

Hello, any updates?

This issue is fixed, you should update the latest Backendless SDK from CocoaPods (3.0.25 release) or from ios-SDK github (CommLibiOS and backendless).

I still experience this problem. I’ve tried to use REST API instead of iOS SDK, but in this case the request is also timed out, while other hosts are reachable. Can you give me any advice to fix it?

Just started getting this on my client’s production app today that was working fine otherwise. What really gives? Is it your cloud service at issue? Is this a not so subtle push towards a paid managed service? It’d be really nice to have a straight answer to this issue that apparently continues to pop up over and over again.

In 99% of the cases, this error has nothing to do with the backend. Most of the time, device may wake up and not get cellular/wifi connectivity right away, while an app tries to make a remote call. That is as a straight answer as one could give.

Thanks for the response Mark, but getting a -1001 error consistently (when it happens) across multiple devices on different networks and the simulator doesn’t sound like a cellular/wifi wakeup issue…

And admob banner ads have all loaded and refreshed whilst still hanging on a call to backendless.

And if most of the time it is a connectivity issue, what were all the updates Vyacheslav has been putting into the SDK in relation to this issue addressing?

I should say we have not been able to reliably reproduce the problem. The nature of the error indicates that a request has not fully materialized and the backend was not even hit.

The updates Vyacheslav has been putting consist of the retry logic which resends the request resulting in the error.

I also continuously get this error (Server reported an error: FAULT = ‘-1001’ [NSURLErrorDomain] <The request timed out.>). I am on the latest version of the library for iOS and I get the same error on the simulator and on a device.

I have a (big) table of entries that I query to retrieve entries associated to a particular date range and user, and I cycle through a series of dates. Tried different combinations (requesting more entries per query, or more queries with less entries), but I get the error above quite randomly, and I haven’t been able to retrieve all the data, not eve once.

Also, it does not seem that there is any logic to retry (at least automatically) as once the request has failed, that’s it, there are no other attempts.

Any ideas?

Thank you for your help.

EDIT: replaced also commonLib and it does work now. The main problem I still have is speed. It takes 2 minutes and 30 seconds to retrieve 200 entries using 6 calls. Any tips to try to speed up the process?

sometimes even 20 minutes…

guys I need some help on this one.

It takes literally between 20 and 40 minutes to run 10 queries to backendless and get 10x30 objects back (!). This same operation takes seconds on Parse from which I am migrating, while I need to kill it on backendless because obviously nobody can wait that long for a few entries.

How do I speed this up? As mentioned before I’m querying a decent size table for a date range and another parameter (user_id), user_id is indexed while I cant index dates (see this for the error I get: http://support.backendless.com/t/indexing-in-backendless-table#comment-19968).

Here is how I query the database:

BackendlessDataQuery *query = [BackendlessDataQuery query];
            query.whereClause = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"user_id = '%@' AND timestamp > '%@' AND timestamp <= '%@'",  theUser.user_id, [StringManager getDateStringFromDateForBackendlessQuery:startDate], [StringManager getDateStringFromDateForBackendlessQuery:stopDate]];
            query.queryOptions.sortBy = @[@"timestamp"];

I basically run this query through a loop as I found that asking for more objects at the same time (so wider date range) takes even longer.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

I have created internal issue ticket BKNDLSS-12947 for timestamp index

Hi Marco,

Your column is indexed now. It takes a second to retrieve data for request like:

timestamp > '04-28-2016' AND timestamp <= '07-29-2016' AND email = 'altini.marco@gmail.com'

Regards,

Denys