(iOS Swift) Push notification not showing on device after successful registration

Did you follow to this doc?

Did you create a provisioning profile for your Bundle Identifier?

So, I did get it to work correctly on a brand new app ID.
But I’m working on a new version of an app that’s already published on the app store. When I use its bundleID, provisioning profile, and the corresponding development certificate, the notification doesn’t get received. Even though I’m following the very same steps which work with the new app ID I created.

Thanks for any tips!

Hi Katia,

There is our sample project in attachment, you could set your bundle id, certificate, provisioning profile, appId and secretKey, and try it. How will it wok for you?

Regards,
Slava

TestPushNotify.zip (19.27MB)

Hi Slava,

I used the attachment and I just set bundle id, certificate, provisioning profile, appId and secretKey. Worked right away for the new bundle id that I created. However, it didn’t work for the bundle id of the app that’s currently in the app store. I tried using a development (Sandbox) certificate, then tried a production certificate. In both cases the message gets sent with no errors that I see, but it is not received.

Is it possible some settings in the bundle Id may be causing this? I do see that push notifications are enabled for it. Is there anything else I may need to check?

Thanks!
Katia

Did your app which is on app store work earlier?

You can create Ad Hoc cert + distributing provisioning profile for your appstore app bundle Id, set it to our sample, make ad hoc ipa, download it to device and try how it will work.

Also you could your app with working bundle id, cert + dev provisioning profile - will it work for you?

Hi Slava,

Yes, the app that’s on the app store is working. However, its backend isn’t on Backendless. The current app does use push notifications and they work ok. I’m building an entirely new version, using Backendless, and will want to upload this using the Bundle ID of the current app, so that it’s an update for current users.

I will try everything you suggested and get back to you.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help.

Katia, Backendless requires a cert with password, so you should check this rule if you will use your cert from old app.

Yes, I think this must be the problem. It seems the cert from the old app isn’t working for Backendless. Probably the only way is to revoke it and generate a new one?

Yes, I think you need to create new cert with password for your bundle Id.

Also, do you have a Swift 3 version of the sample project? Xcode just got updgraded and the same project has errors.

Sure, Katia, see in attachment.

TestS3PushNotify.zip (19.26MB)

Slava, I was able to make it work. :slight_smile: Thanks!

This is very nice :slight_smile:

OK, so I’m stuck again. The other day it was working fine. Today – very same project, same certificate, same provisioning profile (both still valid), and same appid, key, and package name. Same testing device. Suddenly push notifications aren’t getting delivered again. Just like before it seems to be sent correctly, but is never received:

Message has been sent: <MessageStatus> messageId: 868D9FB1-7EB0-C1B0-FF01-0E984B352D00, status: SCHEDULED errorMessage: (null)

Any idea what may have gone wrong? This feels very random right now…

I have the same problem. My app was receiving push notification without problem but now only receive notifications if I select one device and check the “selected device” option in web-console

Suddenly, a month later, I have the very same problem again! This time using Backendless Pro on AWS. Push notifications were working, I didn’t change anything, and suddenly they just stopped getting delivered, although they get sent without any errors. I’ve tried uploading the certificate again, and even requesting a new certificate, which didn’t fix it.
Any tips?
Thanks!

Hi Katia,
Did you set a new certificate with a new provisioning profile and new .p12 in Backendless app Mobile Settings -> iOS Push Notification?

Could you provide your “publish” method here?