Pub/Sub messaging

Also note that there is Android SDK which can be used instead of plain Java SDK. I would suggest you to use it instead since you are creating an Android app.

Java SDK is intended for cases when your application is not Android app to avoid redundant dependencies. It has the same signatures but lack Android OS specific methods.

@Andriy_Konoz
It seems that I’m on ne North American Cluster so I didn’t need to do the setUrl according to the documentation

Yes I change to the android-client now I have this on the log

2024-08-02 17:56:37.250  8604-9080  RTClient                package               I  try to subscribe RTSubscription{id='980d5922-c3d8-4137-8158-9b2e94a0bce4', callback=com.backendless.rt.ConnectListener$1@6b63d19, subscriptionName=PUB_SUB_CONNECT, options={channel=liveChat}}
2024-08-02 17:56:39.815  8604-9126  RTClient                package               I  try to subscribe RTSubscription{id='api, callback=com.backendless.rt.messaging.ChannelImpl$3@222c48e, subscriptionName=PUB_SUB_MESSAGES, options={channel=liveChat}}

@Indevers ,

Looks like it still hangs on the moment of creation of RT socket.
What version of Android is on your devices?

Regards, Andriy

@Andriy_Konoz
Both are Android 14

@Indevers ,

Thank you for the information.
We will try to reproduce it and provide a solution.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Regards, Andriy

1 Like

Hello @Andriy_Konoz I also have another issue. For the debug build of my app I didn’t have any issue, but when I build a release build I have this crash:

To use real time features add socket.io-client:1.0.0 dependency

Did you reproduce this ?

Hello @Indevers

Could you please share a code snippet or project so that we can reproduce this. Are you using real time messaging?

Regards,
Inna

I just checked Conditional Pub/Sub - Backendless SDK for Android/Java API Documentation and it works for me with no problem.

I tested it for Android API 34.
The version of android-client-sdk is '7.0.9
Also, the following dependency has been added to my project:

implementation group: 'io.socket', name: 'socket.io-client', version: '1.0.0'

Is the problem still relevant for you?

Regards,
Inna

Hello yes is still relevant, but I will use another method to handle the real time messaging (push), it easier for me. Thanks you