Saving data after registration

I was thinking along the lines whereby URl will indicate objectId as the path. And after the registration page, the objectId of the user will be passed to other pages as app variable/page parameters?

So that with subsequent updates, the backend already knows which objectId to save the updated columns to. (because the objectId has been passed down after the registration page.)

Is this flow logical?

Yes, updating a single object updates a single record in the database.

Putting objectId into the URL to identify a “resource”, in this case a record in the database is the classic REST approach. When you said “manually change the objectId for every user”, that didn’t sound right. Why manually? Isn’t there a way in AppGyver to compose dynamic URLs?

And yes, the objectId (or the entire user object returned from the backend) should be passed from page to page. I am not sure how AppGyver does it, but there must be a way…

Regards,
Mark

Ok, it’s getting clearer now.

Passing of ObjectId downstream to pages as user progresses.
Dynamic URL where objectId can be automatically changed to acknowledge the user and update objects accordingly to different users.

Thanks Mark, will update solution here so that it can benefit future non-coders starting on Appgyver-Backendless.

1 Like

Hi, I’m new to Backendless, can someone please help me automatically reject rows with empty fields, I’m working with Zapier and it sends a row with data and repeats other empty ones.
Thanks for the attention

hello @Jorge_Camus

Welcome to our community and thank you for trying out Backendless

Just add the column constraints not null Spatial Data Management - Backendless REST API Documentation or add a validator for the column. The topic describes spatial types, but constraints and validators works for any type.