Unable to update spatial data point?

Hi, @milen-marinov

We’re sorry you had to release updates to Spatial Data rapidly. Back in May of this year, it was announced that Geolocation would be deprecated.

We are working on your issue and will do our best to release it in the nearest time.

Regards,
Marina

Yes, I know. And it would have been nice if you fixed the new functionality before stopping the old one! Also, it would have been nice if you provided a clear deadline instead of “it may stop any moment now”.

Hello @milen-marinov

We’ve updated cloud servers with a fix for the issue you described above.

Regards,
Marina

Hi @Marina.Kan,

Thanks for the update! I just checked and the bug is almost fixed. Now when the event handler is enabled only one field gets deleted… The table is “SignalsTest” and the field is “type”. (The table is for testing purposes so you can check with it). You have the appId above.

Best,
Milen

Hello @milen-marinov

We will be happy to assist you. I need to ask you a few more questions so I can understand the problem better.
I understand that you have problems when you update an object that is in the SignalsTest table, right?
Please describe:

1. What’s going on:
    1a. When will you update such an object and the status changes?
    1b. When will you update such an object and the status does not change?
  2. What do you expect:
    2a. When will you update such an object and the status changes?
    2b. When will you update such an object and the status does not change?

Hi @Volodymyr_Ialovyi,

I hope this description makes the problem more clear:

Given:

• Existing row in the SignalsTest table
  • Enabled ‘beforeUpdate’ event handler for the SignalsTest table

Action:

• Update a single column (‘status’) in that row

Expected result:

• Only the ‘status’ column is updated
  • All other columns remain unchanged

Actual result:

• ‘status’ column is updated (OK)
  • value of ‘type’ column is deleted (NOK)

If I disable the event handler the problem disappears:
Given:

• Existing row in the SignalsTest table

Action:

• Update a single column (‘status’) in that row

Expected result:

• Only the ‘status’ column is updated
  • All other columns remain unchanged

Actual result:

• ‘status’ column is updated (OK)
  • All other columns remain unchanged (OK)

Also, note that before the last cloud update the problem was that all other columns (not just ‘type’) were being deleted with an event handler enabled.
Maybe the ‘type’ word is special in your implementation and should be reserved!?

Hi, @milen-marinov

I just tried your case in your app. As I see it, the ‘beforeUpdate’ event handler for the SignalsTest table is enabled.
I have updated one column ‘status’ in the SignalsTest table.
The result I have:

1. the ‘status’ column has been updated.
  2. The “Type” column is not removed. It has the same value as before the update.

I also tried to update the “Type” column and all other columns remain unchanged.

Did I miss something? Or is the problem no longer reproducing?

Regards,
Marina

Hi @Marina.Kan,

I just checked and at first the problem was indeed not reproduced. However, I noticed that the event handler code was for some reason not actually executed. So, I did a disable/enable of the event handler and now the problem is producing again. Can you please check now?

Best,
Milen

@milen-marinov, I was able to reproduce your issue, and created an internal ticket to explore it in more detail - BKNDLSS-23701. As a temporary walkaround, I might offer you rename the column. I checked in your application after renaming the column the values are not deleted.

Regards,
Marina

Yes, I already created a column with the same type and named ‘signalType’ and it’s not affected. I’m just waiting to be sure of the cause before deploying that to production.

Hi, @milen-marinov

We’ve updated cloud servers with a fix for the issue you described above.

Regards,
Marina

Hi @Marina.Kan,

I’d love to check it out but in the last few days I’m not able to access the Event Handlers part of the console - the moment I click on the “Event Handlers” tab a black overlay covers the whole screen. I’ve check it on 3 browsers and it’s the same.

Hi @milen-marinov ,

I see the problem and we are already in process of fixing it.

Regadrs,
Stanislaw

1 Like

We have fixed it, could you please confirm it?

Regards,
Stanislaw

1 Like

Yes, it’s accessible now.

@Marina.Kan ,

Checked it and it looks fine now!

Thanks!

1 Like

Glad we could resolve it!
Thanks for your patience!

Regards,
Stanislaw