var user = BackendlessUser() Crashes

Mike,

Can you set up your project the way the project shared by Vyacheslav is configured? Since now you have a project that works, it would be the best option.

Regards,
Mark

Thanks Mark,

Which aspects need to be setup the same? Build settings, folder layout, anything else?

Sorry for all the questions.

Mike, we cannot reproduce this problem. Could you send your whole project to support@backendless.com. We investigate it and will find a solution for you.

Mike,

Definitely build settings. The way libraries are imported. Library search paths. Bridging header.

Regards,
Mark

Getting closer. Matched everything in your build settings. Here is the error now.

<unknown>:0: error: bridging header ‘/Users/mike/XCode/PetDetect/Pods/Headers/Public/Backendless-ios-SDK/Backendless-Bridging-Header.h’ does not exist

The bridging header is definitely at the specified path so I don’t know why it would say it doesn’t exist

Hi Mike,

So you put the path to a header where it exists and XCode says it is not there. This sounds like a bug in XCode, would you agree? I’d verify the path one more time.

Mark

The path is definitely correct. Something else I found, the letters M, A, and ? after files and folders in my project. Does that mean anything?

See attachement photo.

Is there somewhere I can upload my project for you to look at? Too big to email

You could zip up the project and upload to google drive or dropbox. Then email the link to your project to support@backendless.com

Thanks just sent the link

I am looking at the project and I see several problems. For example, the library search paths look very wrong:

http://support.backendless.com/public/attachments/22a0dca80e1390cf8655790418a57b44.jpg&lt;/img&gt;

The bridging header file path points to a directory which would be created during Backendless pod installation, but your podfile does not have a reference to Backendless pod.

What I recommend is removing all backendless directories from the project. Then adding backendless pod to the podfile and installing the pod. Alternatively, you could create a new project per the instructions from the following page and then adding your code to the created project:
https://backendless.com/mobile-developers/quick-start-guide-for-ios/

Regards,
Mark

22a0dca80e1390cf8655790418a57b44.jpg

Hi Mark,

I re-installed everything and I think I’m close to having it fixed. Issue I’m having now is as follows.

I’ve set my bridging header to be found at /Users/mike/XCode/PetDetect/Pods/Backendless-ios-SDK/lib/

For some reason I get the error

<unknown>:0: error: bridging header ‘/Users/mike/XCode/PetDetect/Pods/Headers/Public/Backendless-ios-SDK/Backendless-Bridging-Header.h’ does not exist

Why would it be looking at a different path than I am specifying?

Did you create the project with cocoapods?

Got the attached when I installed the pod as well. Does it matter?

Yes I used cocoa pods

If you use cocoapods, why do you modify the bridging header? It is configured for you automatically.

Ok, redid the whole thing again and made no changes. Still get an error:

I haven’t changed a thing, I checked the path and the bridging header is there. Please help me sort this out.