API throttled on one API call per minute on free plan

Hello,

I’m using the REST API key to send telemetry data to a database. I used to do updates once a minute but I found that I was throttled and not allowed to connect to the API.

Generally, there is only one sender (PROD) except when I’m doing coding then telemetry data is being sent by the PROD and DEV environments. That is still no more than two API calls a minute.

I’m on the free plan. An old page said it was unlimited API calls. The new page says I’m limited to 50 API calls per minute. I’m not hitting either of these limits though…

Juan

Hi, @Juan_Herrera

We will be happy to assist you. I need to ask you a few more questions so I can understand the problem better. Are you using UI builder for this App?
Please provide your AppId.

Regards,
Sergey

Hi Sergey,
I have an App in U.I. builder and I’m also making calls using the REST API.
I sent the API GUID via PM.
Regards,
Juan

I think I’m being throttled right now and I was only doing further development.

The app has a list of servers, I click on a server:

• populate server form
  • populate users table
  • populate geofences

Clicking on a user should populate the user details form.
Clicking on a geofence should populate the geofence details form.

Not much going on but I guess its firing off a few (not many) concurrent requests. I guess if each field on a form is deemed a request… yowzers!

I will take that as my cue to retire from building the u.i. for the rest of the day.

2024-04-19 02:36:19,115 | Global logger | ERROR | Maximum request per minute limit has been reached for the app. Current limit is 50 requests per minute. Please have the owner of the app contact Backendless to increase the rate limit. :
2024-04-19 02:36:22,397 | Global logger | ERROR | Maximum request per minute limit has been reached for the app. Current limit is 50 requests per minute. Please have the owner of the app contact Backendless to increase the rate limit. :
2024-04-19 02:36:22,408 | Global logger | ERROR | Maximum request per minute limit has been reached for the app. Current limit is 50 requests per minute. Please have the owner of the app contact Backendless to increase the rate limit. :
2024-04-19 02:36:22,914 | Global logger | ERROR | Maximum request per minute limit has been reached for the app. Current limit is 50 requests per minute. Please have the owner of the app contact Backendless to increase the rate limit. :
2024-04-19 02:36:22,914 | Global logger | ERROR | Maximum request per minute limit has been reached for the app. Current limit is 50 requests per minute. Please have the owner of the app contact Backendless to increase the rate limit. :
2024-04-19 02:36:25,502 | Global logger | ERROR | Maximum request per minute limit has been reached for the app. Current limit is 50 requests per minute. Please have the owner of the app contact Backendless to increase the rate limit. :
2024-04-19 02:36:25,503 | Global logger | ERROR | Maximum request per minute limit has been reached for the app. Current limit is 50 requests per minute. Please have the owner of the app contact Backendless to increase the rate limit. :
2024-04-19 02:36:25,976 | Global logger | ERROR | Maximum request per minute limit has been reached for the app. Current limit is 50 requests per minute. Please have the owner of the app contact Backendless to increase the rate limit. :

Maximum request per day limit has been reached for the app. To increase the rate limit move your app on the paid plan. That’s on a couple hundred API calls.

Hello,
My application continues to be throttled. I am using < 1,500 API calls per day.
The free plan includes 50 API calls per minute, that is 72,000 API calls per day.
Juan

Please see the following page on our website detailing the limits of the free plan:

One of the limits is 1000 requests per day.

Regards,
Mark