3064 Error when updating password

I am fairly new to all this so I might have some basic things wrong.

However, I am trying to implement a reset password functionality based on a backendless tutorial. It is working in backendless when I “Invoke” but in my app it always returns a 3064 error. I have console logs to watch the value of the user-token saved in my app and they are consistent and don’t change once logged in. i.e. the user-token provided by backendless api when logging in doesn’t change.

The strange thing is that when I login to impersonate a user in backendless and use that user-token in my app it works. But the one the original login gives me in the app has expired. For context, I am going straight from a login to a change password so it hasn’t expired from time, I even turned off that functionality in backendless to see if it would help.

The 3064 error seems common with many threads without an answer so I have made a new one.

Hi Neil,

Welcome to the Backendless community!

Could you please provide more details? Such as whether you are testing with a page created with UI Builder. Do you have a link for the page and a set of test credentials that demonstrate the issue? Having access to this information would help us diagnose the problem.

Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the quick response!

I have no test pages in backendless. (is this worth doing?)

I am using draftbit as my frontend and an API service in cloudcode in backendless to take the request.

Thanks

Do you have a URL for the draftbit page we can try to see the issue?

This is the URL: Draftbit

I don’t know if you can access it though.

Unfortunately, I cannot access it - it requires a login to your draftbit account. Is there a way to publish that page so it is accessible publicly?

I don’t think there is. However I can share the whole app?

I don’t think that the issue is in the app (though I could be wrong). This is because I was able to do a password change using the user-token from the backendless impersonate login. But the user-token given from the API in the app from backendless returns a 3064 error.

Is it possible that backendless API is providing an incorrect user-token when requested via API?

No, this would breaks tens of thousands of apps powered by the platform. Have you checked that the app sends the same user-token that was returned by Backendless in the Login API response?

Here are the console logs from a login then a change password request in my app.

Please share the following:

1. Login API request HTTP headers
  2. Login API response body
  3. Failing request HTTP headers for both request and response.
  1. In draftbit you add headers in an interface. I only have Accept: application/json & Content-Type application/json. I am then extracting the user-token from the response and setting a variable as that value.

2. ▼lastLogin:1689668768461
    userStatus:“ENABLED”
    created:1689604282734
    accountType:“BACKENDLESS”
    admin:true
    ownerId:“21F3012D-08F7-4BC4-81B9-7287EE96E5C0”
    socialAccount:“BACKENDLESS”
    oAuthIdentities:null
    name:“Admin”
    ___class:“Users”
    blUserLocale:“en”
    user-token:“B06095F1-3F32-4956-956E-C8B40EEF2189”
    updated:1689605712188
    objectId:“21F3012D-08F7-4BC4-81B9-7287EE96E5C0”
    username:“Admin”

3. Headers for password request: Accept: application/json, Content-Type: application/json, user-token: USER_TOKEN (Global Variable)
    Response: code:3064
    message:“Not existing user token - B06095F1-3F32-4956-956E-C8B40EEF2189. Relogin user to update your user token”
    errorData:{}

Let me know if that’s what you needed.
Thanks

Hello @Neil_Hazzard

Pls, open the terminal in the browser (F12) go to the network tab and copy cURL from your request.
(edit user-token because it is sensitive information. Do not provide it there)

Backendless Application 2023-07-18 21-17-24(1)

Regards