502 Bad Gateway Error

I have an add-on application that use API Deployed Services to allow the licensing of users to be access. On March 25/26 I have had user receive 502 Bad Gateway Errors. I though this had self resolved but it happened again today. Anyone know why this would be happening? Below is the error I have received from my clients.

Request failed for https://backendless.[domain].com returned code 502. Truncated server response: 502 Bad Gateway

502 Bad Gateway

nginx (use muteHttpExceptions option to examine full response)

Thank you for your help,
Jeran

Hi Jeran,

What is the domain you’re talking about here? It doesn’t fit into any domain patterns we support.

Hi Mark,

I have a custom domain setup that is “backendless.ott-o-matic.com”. The one provided to me is “hunkythroat.backendless.app” which is not a very flattering API URL for use in education, so I made a custom one that has been working for a long time until recently.

Thanks for any help!
Jeran

Hi Jeran,

Thank you for the clarification. I just checked your custom domain, and it appears to be responding. The reason for the errors on March 25/26 and a few hours earlier today is likely to be related to the outages we have experienced recently.

Regards,
Mark

I also had this error show up in my log today.

Tim

Thank you Mark. Hopefully these outages will be resolved soon as it impacts the image of my business. With that I believe there is nothing I can do except to improve the error notification to my clients if a 502 error is received.

Thank you
Jeran