502 bad gateway errors at times

Are you looking for help?

This is a support forum for reporting issues related to Backendless services. Please note that due to our support policy we cannot provide you help with debugging your code, consulting in regards to any language or third-party library usage. For this kind of questions we recommend using more appropriate forums like Stack Overflow.

In order to suggest you a quality solution, we shall usually ask you to provide the details mentioned below first. Including them into your topic right away helps us to start investigating your issue much faster.

In case you have a suggestion or an idea, the details below are not always required, though still any additional background is welcome.

Backendless Version (3.x / 6.x, Online / Managed / Pro )

Client SDK (REST / Android / Objective-C / Swift / JS )

JS

Application ID

56B058BD-D883-FCDC-FF12-7D3F47B57700

Expected Behavior

Please describe the expected behavior of the issue, starting from the first action.

1. Trying to login, but getting 500 error.
  2. Expected to login with status code 200 OK
  3. Even Backenless dashboard was unavailable.

Actual Behavior

Please provide a description of what actually happens, working from the same starting point.

Be descriptive: “it doesn’t work” does not describe what the behavior actually is – instead, say “the request returns a 400 error with message XXX”. Copy and paste your logs, and include any URLs.

Reproducible Test Case

Please provide a simple code that could be run in a new clean app and reproduce the issue.
This happens randomly. Today it happened when trying to login from Indian server
Time:
Sunday 13th Sep 2021, 11:30 to 11:45 AM IST

If the issue is more complex or requires configuration, please provide a link to a project on Github that reproduces the issue.

Hello @Giridhar_Duggirala

Could you additionally provide the following information:
Is there any additional information in the response besides the error code?
For the same user with the same credentials, in some cases it will log in, but in some not?
Does this happen only when using JS SDK or is it reproduced with a PEST request?

Hello Vladimir,

Sorry I didnt capture the data that you have requested for,
I’ll capture it next time.
Also when I got that error, even backendless dashboard was not accessible.

Thank you.

Another incident,
While trying to add a service zip from dashboard.
Here are the request headers:

POST /578A113B-B336-5880-FF0A-BC8F4E0A3C00/console/localservices/generic HTTP/1.1
Host: develop.backendless.com
Connection: keep-alive
Content-Length: 1127174
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-Control: no-cache
X-Request-UID: 98E80CC2-BCF9-BAEF-9BB8-97329FCC1207
auth-key: thdmpiryqbotynnuugvcexepcavdxvdnmtor
X-Request-Initiator: console-client
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/85.0.4183.102 Safari/537.36
Content-Type: multipart/form-data; boundary=----WebKitFormBoundaryDBXjAEzGM6IgTydM
Accept: /
Origin: https://develop.backendless.com
Sec-Fetch-Site: same-origin
Sec-Fetch-Mode: cors
Sec-Fetch-Dest: empty
Referer: https://develop.backendless.com/insanity/bl/services
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, br
Accept-Language: en-GB,en-US;q=0.9,en;q=0.8
Cookie: _ga=GA1.2.1976443948.1597591305; oribi_user_guid=f88366b4-e425-0786-329c-c90298637903; dev-auth-key=thdmpiryqbotynnuugvcexepcavdxvdnmtor; _gid=GA1.2.607626638.1600508091; dev-last-used-app-id=578A113B-B336-5880-FF0A-BC8F4E0A3C00; JSESSIONID=927C54F558D4AB9FC6F1291190ADE4DA

And here are response headers:
HTTP/1.1 502 Bad Gateway
Server: nginx
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2020 06:59:55 GMT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Content-Length: 552
Connection: keep-alive

May be this is helping

Hello, @Giridhar_Duggirala

Still not working?

Regards, Dima

It is not consistent…
Today while demoing the application to client we observed backendless was unreachable for around 10 mins

VM604:2 Wed Sep 23 2020 17:15:00 GMT+0530 (India Standard Time)
VM604:2 Wed Sep 23 2020 17:05:00 GMT+0530 (India Standard Time)

We were unable to connect to backendless from AWS Mumbai region.

Hello @Giridhar_Duggirala

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Yes, we had some outages today. But we are researching the problem so that this does not happen again.

Regards,
Inna

Hi,

I don’t see any message about the root cause of the issue and the solution that you have in place.
I really like backendless idea and pricing, however, these unexplained outages are not allowing me to go into production more confidently.

If you have already provided any blog regarding this outage can you please point me there?

Thank you,
Giridhar Duggirala.

Hi,

There is no blog post to point you to. There are several reasons for the outages. The most recent one was caused by a regression in the software. It is not that important or interesting what the regression was as what we’re doing about it. Every outage is a lesson for us to either improve or change the process. We do not like these outages and by no means it is the standard way of business. We are doing everything we can to completely eliminate any kind of down time.

Regards,
Mark