Access to the path 'LogBufferMutex' is denied.

When I call BackendlessAPI.Backendless.InitApp in .NET client I get a System.UnauthorizedAccessException with the following message:
Access to the path ‘LogBufferMutex’ is denied.
This only happens in my Dev environment and not when I run the code locally. What may be the reason?

Hello, Kateryna!

Can you provide a code snippet where you get this issue and attach the stacktrace?
Thank you!
Alex

the code snippet is:

BackendlessAPI.Backendless.InitApp(config.ApplicationId, config.SecretKey, config.Version);

Stack trace is:

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)   at System.Threading.Mutex.MutexTryCodeHelper.MutexTryCode(Object userData)   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)   at System.Threading.Mutex.CreateMutexWithGuaranteedCleanup(Boolean initiallyOwned, String name, Boolean& createdNew, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs)   at System.Threading.Mutex..ctor(Boolean initiallyOwned, String name, Boolean& createdNew, MutexSecurity mutexSecurity)   at System.Threading.Mutex..ctor(Boolean initiallyOwned, String name)   at BackendlessAPI.Logging.LogBuffer..ctor()   at BackendlessAPI.Logging.LoggingService..ctor()   at BackendlessAPI.Backendless.InitApp(String applicationId, String secretKey, String version)

Thank you!

I’ve created an internal ticket for this issue. Its id is “BKNDLSS-13371”. We shall investigate it and response you in this topic.

I have more information for you about the issue. We are not using Windows Phone, but rather we have two back-end programs that make calls to Backendless services using .NET SDK:

1. WebAPI services
  2. Windows Service
    When both run on the same machine, I get the error. Once I stopped one of them, the second started working.

I know this is not a common scenario, but we use windows service for long running tasks, so we bypass the execution time limitation of 5 or 20 seconds for backendless scripts. And we want to have the single role management service, so we authenticate our WebApis through Backendless.