Add geo categories to array

Hello,

I’m trying to add all geo categories to an array via the api and have them all displayed in a drop down menu for the user to select the category. This is what I have so far, am I even remotely close?

Backendless.Geo.getCategories(new AsyncCallback<List>() {
@Override
public void handleResponse( List geoCategories )
{
private List categoriesNames = new ArrayList();
List categories = geoCategories;
for( GeoCategory category : categories ) categoriesNames.add( category.getName() );

spinner = findViewById(R.id.spinner1);
                ArrayAdapter<String> adapter = new ArrayAdapter<String>(this, android.R.layout.simple_spinner_dropdown_item);
                spinner.setAdapter(adapter);
            }

@Override
            public void handleFault( BackendlessFault backendlessFault )
            {

}
        });

Hello

here is doc for retrieving Geo Categories https://backendless.com/docs/android/geo_retrieving_geo_categories.html

Regards, Vlad

I am an total n00b and the examples are very clear because of that. The issue I seem to be having is getting the category into an array and getting that array to display its contents in spinner1. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Backendless.Geo.getCategories(new AsyncCallback<List<GeoCategory>>() {
                    @Override
                    public void handleResponse( List<GeoCategory> category )
                    {
                        ArrayList<String> spinnerArray = new ArrayList<>();

Spinner spinner =  findViewById(R.id.spinner1);
                        // Create an ArrayAdapter using the string array and a default spinner layout
                        ArrayAdapter<String> spinnerArrayAdapter = new ArrayAdapter<String>
                                **(this, android.R.layout.simple_spinner_item, spinnerArray);**
                        // Specify the layout to use when the list of choices appears
                        spinnerArrayAdapter.setDropDownViewResource(android.R.layout.simple_spinner_dropdown_item);
                        // Apply the adapter to the spinner
                        spinner.setAdapter(spinnerArrayAdapter);
                    }
                    @Override
                    public void handleFault( BackendlessFault backendlessFault )
                    {

}
                });

Ho Rodney,

This is more of a UI type of question and is not related to Backendless APIs. Try posting it to StackOverflow, I am sure you will get a response very quickly.

Regards,
Mark