Add properties from relations

Hi,

I have the following structure: An “article” has multiple “pages” and a “page” has multiple “sources”.
I currently request the “page” and with it the related “sources”. This works fine but I’m wondering if I could add properties from “article”. For example, getting the title.
I’m using something similar to this in my where clause, so I know the “article” could be accessed but I don’t understand how.
My second guess would be creating an app view but there my question would be how I can add the array of “sources”.

I would be happy to clarify my case if needed, any pointers are greatly appreciated, thanks :slight_smile:

Hello,

Could you please attach a screenshot of the schema (from Backendless Console - use the Visual Modeler tab)? This would help us answer your question using specific column names.

Regards,
Mark

Hey Mark,

thank you very much for the quick reply. Here is the requested screenshot:

From my initial question: article = story, sources = options
This is the request I’m currently using:

Let me know if I can do anything else

Thank you, this helps a lot. To get an extra property from the “parent” table, do the following:

1. Click the Columns/Properties button, an extra field will open up
  2. Add the following in that field and press Enter:
    Story[Pages].Description

this will add the Description property from the Story table.
You can assign a custom name to that property that will be used in the response. To do that:

1. Double click the text you typed in in the instructions above in the Columns/Properties field
  2. You will see the as field. Type in a name of the dynamic property, for example, StoryDescription and press Enter

Please let me know if this gets you what you’re looking for.

Regards,
Mark

That was exactly what I was looking for. I didn’t know you could write in that field. Thank you very much!