Aggregate data for a chart

Hello. I have a question about data aggregation. Or maybe you can offer some other solution.
I have a graph in which I display the temperature fluctuations of the sensor for a certain period of time (24 hours, 3 days, 7 days and dynamic user selection). The problem is that the sensor generates a lot of records and, for example, in a day it can generate several thousand records, and as you can imagine, in a month it will be a significant amount that cannot be obtained on the frontend.
I initially thought about creating such a service:

class ChartSensorService {
  async getChartData(sensorId, startDate, endDate) {
    //startDate= "2023-09-04T00:00:00.000Z"
    //endDate= "2023-09-05T00:00:00.000Z"
    let pageSize = 100;
    let offset = 0;
    let aggregatedData = [];
    let tempData = {};

while (true) {
      const whereClause = `SensorID = ${sensorId} AND created >= '${startDate}' AND created <= '${endDate}'`;
      const queryBuilder = Backendless.DataQueryBuilder.create()
        .setWhereClause(whereClause)
        .setPageSize(pageSize)
        .setOffset(offset);

const messages = await Backendless.Data.of('messages').find(queryBuilder);

if (messages.length === 0) {
        break;
      }

messages.forEach(message => {
        const date = new Date(message.created);
        const key = `${date.getFullYear()}-${date.getMonth()}-${date.getDate()} ${Math.floor(date.getMinutes() / 10) * 10}`;

if (!tempData[key]) {
          tempData[key] = [];
        }

tempData[key].push(message.TemperatureData);
      });

offset += pageSize;
    }

for (const [key, values] of Object.entries(tempData)) {
      const maxTemp = Math.max(...values);
      aggregatedData.push({ date: key, maxTemp });
    }
    return aggregatedData;
  }
}

Backendless.ServerCode.addService(ChartSensorService);

But it doesn’t seem to be a very good option either. Do you have any advice for this situation?

Hi. I would advise to “play” with date functions:
https://backendless.com/docs/rest/data_database_functions.html#datetime-functions

and aggregation possibilities:
https://backendless.com/docs/rest/data_retrieving_unique_objects_.html#aggregate-functions

It may significantly reduce the amount of requests you made to the Data Service, because the data you retrieve will be already aggregated.
Also there is another approach exists which you can add to you architecture – after processing the portion of raw data, they can be stored in another “archive” table.

Okay, thank you very much for your answer. I will try to do as you suggested.