Analytics calculator - Multiple month timeframe pricing estimate issue

First, it is very cool that you built this to help customers understand how variable vs fixed plans compare, so thank you for that.

The issue I found is when comparing plans over multiple months, the plan price never changes from a single month -

Would it make more sense to show the plan price per day in the bottom summary (average of 30 days in a month) and then have a multiplier for the number of days in the timeframe? It’s not perfect, but it would better represent the cost for the currently selected timeframe.

Tim

Hi. Thanks for your suggestion!
We’ll add it to our discussions and post here about the result.

Thanks for listening @oleg-vyalyh!

Best,
Tim

Could you provide the appid, I want to check what you described on your data.

AppId: EEE25B20-17FA-97DD-FF29-EC45A5072A00

So.
I don’t understand what you mean.
The plan price reflects what you choose, and of course it will be the same every month – it is base plan.
All the information is about the period you’ve chosen before. You can select the base plan and then move forward through the period moth-by-month, or week-by-week, or quarter-by-quarter, etc. to see the calculations.
Or are you expected that the system will automatically divide the chosen period by month?

Example 1 - Two-month period

The Grand total (yellow) is incorrect. Since there are two months, the plan would cost $55 X 2 = $110 for that time period.

Example 2 - Seven-day period

The plan is $55 for the month, not seven days. I think the display of the plan costs in this example is reasonable, but not great.

In both examples, I think it would be better to show the timeframe units, so example 1 is 62 days, example 2 is 7 days, and the plan costs for that unit. It’s not perfect, obviously, but it would be closer than what is currently shown.

Tim

Ah, your expectation that instead of the price there should be the cost of the base plan according to the period, right?

Now: Plan price: $55
What you describe: Plan cost: 3x$55 = $165

correct?

Yes. That is what the tool says it does, right?

The estimate below is based on the selected range of dates and the peak number of requests per minute processed for each of the days.

However, the estimate is incorrect if it doesn’t calculate the base plan costs correctly.

Tim

Hello @Tim_Jones

Thank you for your suggestion, but we decide to leave it as is.

While we recognize that breaking it down by days might offer a different perspective, we believe that sticking to the monthly model ensures consistency and clarity across various timeframes. This helps maintain simplicity for most users who expect to see their costs reflected on a monthly basis.

Regards, Dima.

Thanks @Dima, @oleg-vyalyh. That makes sense if most users are looking at this in a month timeframe.

I appreciate the consideration of my idea.

Best,
Tim