API request has been rejected because it requires scaling for processing

App ID is: 4918D398-F673-FF93-FFE2-C6EB40449900

Since yesterday, when I use the REST API to access the file. The API keeps returning the following error message:
{“code”:9070,“message”:“The API request has been rejected because it requires scaling for processing. Switch to the Cloud9 or Cloud99 plan to enable the Super Scaling option.”,“errorData”:{}}

The problem can be reproduced by visiting the following address:
https://backendlessappcontent.com/4918D398-F673-FF93-FFE2-C6EB40449900/{API Key}/files/web/index.html

There may be a small amount of concurrency in the app at the moment. But I keep getting this error return now.

I think this is a bug. Please help me to solve this problem.

Hi @Edward_Young ,

Welcome in our community.
This error message you receive because your app is on Springboard which doesn’t support “Super Scaling”. There are several limits for apps without this option and your app hit one of them - limit for access from multiple locations. API should work from previously used locations. For new locations it will respond with this error. At the end of the day list of used locations will be reset.

Also I want to remind you that we strongly advice to do not post your app API keys anywhere. I removed REST API key from your topic description.

Regards, Andriy

“Location” means IP address?

If not, please describe the meaning of “Location” in detail.

Think about it from the perspective of different users, devices or external services communicating with your app. Some external services (for example Twilio or Stripe) can do callbacks into your Backendless app from different servers. Each server would be a separate location.

When your app is on the Springboard plan, the number of these locations is limited.

Mark

Even though my iPhone and Mac are under the same Wi-Fi and have the same public network address. Are these two “Locations”?

That is, if the iPhone accesses the server earlier in the day, then the Mac can no longer access the server at any time of the day?

If you’re using only your iPhone and Mac, you should not have any problems, unless you’re issuing multiple concurrent calls.

Concurrency may occur, but it is definitely a very small probability time.

The iPhone may sometimes use the 4G cellular network directly. At this time, because they are different IP addresses, will they be considered different “Locations”?

Look, if the number of geographic locations, ip addresses, users and various servers connecting to your app is small, you should not have any problems. Based on what we see, it is the concurrency that is triggering super scaling.

If super scaling is triggered due to concurrency, will all requests later in the day return 9070?

I have tried dozens of API requests manually in the last two days, and each time it returns 9070. It is absolutely impossible that there is concurrency for every request.

I don’t think it’s reasonable to deprive me of API requests for the entire day just because one concurrency occurs.

If the server just can’t handle multiple requests at the same time, I think it’s reasonable and acceptable.

When an application on the Springboard plan triggers Super Scaling (which is not available on that plan), the app is put into the “cool off” mode where the requests are rejected. The mode is reset back to normal at midnight.

Regards,
Mark

Thanks for your reply.

In this way, Springboard is really tasteless.

I sincerely hope that you will reconsider this limitation.

Best regards.