App broken with missing relations

Hi Guys, I was working on my cart and suddenly my App sent lots of errors and when I checked the database on Backendless I notice some relations in some columns just gone. Pic. attached.

Notes worth to point out:

1. I was working with Get and delete method on another table (Basket) which has a relation 1:1 to (specials) the one who lost the relations.
  2. My Basket table has a relation to specials but the Specials table has no relation at all with the table Basket. This table shouldn’t be affected while I’m retrieving data from Basket table right?
  3. I don’t even know yet how to remove just a relation from a column much less from a related table.
  4. And I found some relations missing in other columns too.

Now I can’t set back the relations, even Backendless dashboard are not saving back a new relation when selected and don’t give me any alert or message.

How is that possible and what can I do to prevent it on production?

Looking forward to hearing from you;

1 Like

We’re also experiencing this issue on several of our projects

Following. This is a pretty critical issue, causing unexpected errors in our app.

We have the same issue, many relations are gone and I cannot create new once in the Console :confused:

That blocks your full app

Please let us know your app ID so we can investigate it from our side.

Thanks,
Mark

My app ID is: 63087FF7-7E1D-973D-FF3B-D5F0740FA100
Thanks

One of our affected applications: 11F854BB-9BC2-D018-FFF6-C05825AFEC00

My App ID: 9CA9AA41-6892-4A1E-FFB5-95DEAF5A4A00

Thanks

Thanks, guys. We’re looking into it.

We have made a change which should return the previous (proper) behavior. Could you please verify in your apps that you can establish and delete relations again?

Regards,
Mark

1 Like

My relations are back Mark, thanks a milllion!

Taking advantage of the moment, there is a possibility to create a routine to save a daily backup of the database automatically to be restored later?

Kind Regards;

Seems to work for us too!

Glad it works again for you. To export the data you can use the Manage > Export functionality in Backendless console.

Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark, the products are not loading anymore… I can see the relations are there but now the request brings me an empty object. Any possible another linking reason?

On this request, I was loading the products using the user location… was working fine until restore the relations. Any idea?

Hi Marcio,

The reason you’re getting an empty object is because your security permissions do not allow data retrieval from that table for a non-authenticated user:

Hope this helps.

Mark

1 Like

Thanks Mark, you’re right. I checked FIND for both highlighted users and now is loading.

Regards;

All relations are back and I can add/remove them from the console. Thank you very much for the quick help :slight_smile: