Application-wide log level resets by itself

Thanks @Alexander_Pavelko for this audit log.

Unfortunately, it does not help me understand what is going on :exploding_head:

Indeed, the global log level had reset to INFO right before or on March 17th, and once again by March 19th. This is why you see me configuring it back to DEBUG on these dates.

The log, however, also confirms that I am not the one who set it to INFO. And I am trying to understand why it resets to INFO.

This morning, again, I noticed that the log level, which was on DEBUG yesterday, had reset to INFO.

In your log you will probably notice another instance of me changing it back to DEBUG just a few minutes ago. However, what caused it to change ??

Hello @Nicolas_REMY!

I just checked the logs, and the last change to the Application-wide log level (DEBUG) was made on 03/19/2023 at 17:14:18. There have been no changes today (neither to INFO nor DEBUG).

To make sure there are no issues with the logs, I changed the level to INFO and immediately changed it back to DEBUG. The changes are reflected in the logs.

The situation looks really strange, but I am confident that we will figure it out.
I suggest keeping an eye on it, and if there are any changes, please do not change the Application-wide log level. Instead, let me know and I will check everything again.

Regards,
Alexander

Indeed, it is strange !

I can guarantee it was positioned on INFO this morning and changed it back to DEBUG right before posting because I needed to monitor it.
Next time it happens, I will notify you here before touching it.

Thanks for your help in figuring out where the issue lies.

Hi @Alexander_Pavelko ,

This is to advise that upon checking my log settings just now, it had once again reset to INFO. I am not changing it for now, but I will surely need to do so fairly quickly. I don’t suppose you are working today, but if in case you have the opportunity to check the forensics, it would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Hi @Nicolas_REMY!

I just checked the log level is set to INFO and there is no information in the logs about this change. I will create a ticket to investigate and fix this issue.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you so much for providing this information.

Regards,
Alexander

1 Like

Can I switch it back to DEBUG, or do you need it to remain untouched ?

Anyways, thanks very much ! I did think there was an issue somewhere !

Yes, I think you can switch it back to DEBUG so you don’t lose track of information that is important to you

Regards,
Alexander

1 Like

Just as a follow-up, I reset the log level to DEBUG as discussed on Saturday. This morning, upon checking it again, it has again reset to INFO, without my doing anything. You can have a look for yourself if you need to.

Thank you for the update.
Our team is already investigating this issue, and we will inform you in this thread as soon as there is new information.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Alexander

1 Like

No worries. It was just to illustrate that the previous one wasn’t an isolated occurrence.

Just to let you know that this is still going on.
The log level resets itself pretty much every night.

Hello @Nicolas_REMY

An internal ticket for your problem has already been created. I will raise ticket priority.

Regards

1 Like

Hello @Nicolas_REMY

We’ve just updated cloud servers with a fix for the issue you described above. Could you kindly let us know whether fix works for you well?

Regards,
Inna

1 Like

OK thanks. Up to now it did continue to reset almost every day. I will watch out to check that it is solved and let you know if it isn’t.

Just as a follow up, the issue hasn’t reproduced itself. My log level has remained stable since your fix.

2 Likes